The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Sway Bars or OEM Facelift rear Lights

Jellybean

Hey

I am between two minds to get TRD Sway Bars or OEM Facelift rear Lights

TRD Sway Bars make any difference on a road car? Maybe make her too harsh on the road

Like a kid , I would also like to get the TRD sway bars as she is a TRD car too

I can get the OEM facelifts when the weather gets better

I have the trd bilsteins , will get the trd sway bars so

Car is getting all new oem suspension installed at the moment and subframe bushes so taught I would polish it off with these, that's the trd suspension catalog on it , bushes are trd too

Seems a sensible option if the setup is all TRD.

I was reading that many people try to compensate for cheap hard spring aftermarket suspension by buying uprated anti roll bars. Apparently a decent damper doesn't require a stiff spring.

Your car would look lovely with face lift rear lights. Makes quite a difference.

I will get them when the weather gets better and the car is back on the road :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your car would look lovely with face lift rear lights. Makes quite a difference.

I will get them when the weather gets better and the car is back on the road :)

Get the TRD bars bought and fitted while your on with the suspension you can easily change your lights at any time with little effort..

I also think your car would look much better with Facelift rears its strange TBH I always preferred the pre facelift lights then when I got a facelift Supra I much prefer the Facelift rears...

Your car is sublime by the way :cool:

Get the TRD bars bought and fitted while your on with the suspension you can easily change your lights at any time with little effort..

I also think your car would look much better with Facelift rears its strange TBH I always preferred the pre facelift lights then when I got a facelift Supra I much prefer the Facelift rears...

Your car is sublime by the way :cool:

My taughts too, Easy to swap out the rear lights :) and Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Quick Q , will I need to redo the alignment after I change the sway bars?

No, but to get the most from the bars and the rest of your suspension package you should consider fitting adjustable drop links as well. These eliminate any preload on the bars when the car is weighted as it would be under normal conditions.