The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OverBoost??

wattwatt

Guys,

Wonder if someone can advise, I'm having some issues with overboosting (as fun as it is can't imagine my turbos are going to last long if I leave it) I'm running standard J-Spec turbos with a HKS boost controller, I've just re-installed a standard air box with HKS panel filter.

I've recently has other issues to sort out and whilst it was in workshop I decided to get a full de-cat fitted and fit a 1 Bar RR and I thought we had found the problem.

This is my Controller as not sure what the actual name is:

Exhaust Before:

IMG_2644.jpg

Now fully de-cat with RR in place

IMG_2642.JPG

Finally got chance to take it out today for a test run today after other issues being fixed and still my boost gauge is reading about 1.55 bar with controller off so switched it on and the digital reading hit the same (thought my be a gauge issue) I switched the controller to 'low' setting which appears to be set to 0.9 and no change in boost??

Does this lead to a controller issue or is there something else I can try?

Check to make sure that the pressure line from the turbo to the solenoid is not leaking, split or just disconnected.

This happened to me at a really hot track day when that particular hose split due to under-bonnet temperatures, saw 2 bar on the boost gauge for a couple of seconds!

Ok cool I will check these few bits and make sure it's not them.

Has it just started overboosting ie. was it running okay before? or has it started overboosting since you fitted the new exhaust and restrictor ring?

Na it was happening before, it randomly started one afternoon.

Whilst it was in workshop to try and source a coolant leak I had, I decided to get the de-cats fitted at whilst it was on the ramp and when we found the old exhaust was split in halve we thought this would of been the cause of my overboost.