The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ferrari f430 beat by a supra @ santa pod 23/01/05

dannyspeed

Anyone seen the new ferrari f430? what a car! A car full of f1 technology with launch control ect. So imagine how i felt when one pulled up beside me while i was queing up to have a blast down santa pod drag strip today. And just think how i felt when i beat him in my jap spec auto tt with just a decat and a blitz nur spec exhaust with a time of 13.7 @ 107mph with him passing at 13.9 @115 all because i warmed my tyres up with a burnout and he didnt. Thats made my year already a car worth 140k with launch control ect getting beat by my supra ha ha.

If anyone was there with a camcorder and got the footage ill be happy to pay for a copy.

Yea it was his first every run on the strip, so he wasnt really sure what was the best way to launch it. he got better as the day went on but 13.1 was i think his best, traction was a real prob as the track was cold. i was wheel spinning 3/4 of the way up the track. The times dont give it justice as i was at least 4-5 car lenths away from him when i passed the line but he was catching up fast. i heard the f430 is good for a run in the 11's in the right conditions.

plenty of skylines there, a 911 turbo, 3 or 4 othere supra's.

A silver supra had a good race with a 911 turbo getting the same time both in the low 12's.

do you want your time putting on supra drag racing list?

is it your first time racing your supra

if so put up some details of your spec then will add you

Yea that be great.

1993 Jap spec auto tt supra (aerotop), blitz nur spec with a decat pipe, AP Racing brakes front, uk spec rear. 19" racing hart cx wheels.

Third time running down santa pod, previous best was 14.03@105 when the car was standard with some 107ron fuel. yesterday was the first time running with all the mods and the best i got was a 13.7 @108mph with traction being a prob so i think i could do better. planning to be running 1.2 bar in the near future with a bit of luck.

I had a race with that skyline and he just beat me the bugger but not bad as he said it was runnig 400bhp.

updated your time on list.

33. 13.7 @ 108 mph Dannyspeed (TT auto) JAP (Santapod)

do you have a full print out of your time like your 60 foot and other times

santapod is on again next week too. 30th jan

anyone else going to go to that one. and did they run the pro classes with all the big power cars?

updated your time on list.

33. 13.7 @ 108 mph Dannyspeed (TT auto) JAP (Santapod)

do you have a full print out of your time like your 60 foot and other times

santapod is on again next week too. 30th jan

anyone else going to go to that one. and did they run the pro classes with all the big power cars?

cheers m8, here is the times on the print out,

60ft-2.389

330ft-6.268

1/8 et 9.190

1/8 mph 84.88

1000' et 11.615

1/4 et 13.77

1/4 mph 108.21

they never had any big power cars there that id seen just road cars and bikes.

Guest Observer
cheers m8, here is the times on the print out,

60ft-2.389

330ft-6.268

1/8 et 9.190

1/8 mph 84.88

1000' et 11.615

1/4 et 13.77

1/4 mph 108.21

they never had any big power cars there that id seen just road cars and bikes.

well done danny!!

im the guy you raced in the white skyline.. kinda dissapointed with my best of 13.423, should have really got into the mid 12's but grip was just so bad even with 4wd...