The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time for new headlights

Big Mark

I've had my car tucked away for winter but took it out for the first time this year and headlights are worse than ever. Completely full of condensation

They're my spare set that have been face-lifted but not sealed up tightly so don't fit perfect, have had a price trimmed off to improve the fit and generally are fit for the bin in my opinion.

Could put the original ones back on but prefer the facelift look so I can feel imminent purchase of a brand new pair of face-lifts.

MOT due next month, will I have to change them (or put originals back on) before then or will it pass like this?

N S Foggy.jpg

Photo0196.jpg

Photo0197.jpg

Photo0198.jpg

Edited by Big Mark
Photos added (see edit history)

A. I don't have a hairdryer and

B. They are past saving. They're always either fogged up or full of condensation and like I said, they don't fit properly to the wing. When sealed up then needed squeezing together another 3-5mm. If I did your leak test they'd probably be more leaky areas than good areas.

C. They' need constant t-cutting as go yellow quickly.

One of the best decisions I ever made on the car was buying brand new facelifts.. I went through 4 or 5 sets previous and was never fully happy with them either being yellowish or condensation from being split so I finally gave in. I'd recommend it!

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/marcAB10/D6796DC6-0BB1-4DA0-B50C-8C5843B3DDF4_zpslv9ngzqk.jpg

Agreed, I've had enough of messing around with used ones so have ordered a new pair.

Love you red leather interior, looks great.

Companies like inPro make various styles of lights to suit VW Golfs, and even low production models like Corrados. Doing one Style of light for the Supra, which is a car that has notorious issues with the headlights, and expensive factory replacements, should make sense.

I would of been tempted to speak to Scott and see if he could of refurbed them.

You angling for a promotion job :D

Cheers mate, I did have a go with these lights but they were one helluva state. They looked the part when they left but the seal didn't feel right at all, well worth a try though :D

Mark, have you thought about a decent set of pre-facelifts facelifted properly? They can look really good and will be less than a third of the price of new facelifts. I know you're risking second hand lights again but they would be a far cry from the ones you have just now :)

That must just be US. I've got total JZA80 production between 40K and 70k depending on the source. I didn't know that many Corrados were built, but then I suppose they were offered with a greater selection of engines.

However, surviving numbers are a different game. The Corrado is a frafile car compared to the Supra.

You angling for a promotion job :D

Cheers mate, I did have a go with these lights but they were one helluva state. They looked the part when they left but the seal didn't feel right at all, well worth a try though :D

Mark, have you thought about a decent set of pre-facelifts facelifted properly? They can look really good and will be less than a third of the price of new facelifts. I know you're risking second hand lights again but they would be a far cry from the ones you have just now :)

I can happily vouch for his work too, it's first rate. :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)