The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nitrous

MadMax2042

Hi mate.

I used to have two wizzard of nos kits fitted to my car when it was NA. 1 kit was direct port, controller, bottom heater with a 100shot the other one was a single point kit no controller no heater. Both had 11lb bottles

Think it was around £60 to fill an 11lb bottle. But they don't last that longe if your running a decent amount.

They are easy to install and set up, if your any good with basic tools.

If your any good with doing work on your car yourself. Then it would work out cheaper fitting a 1jzgte

Hi mate.

I used to have two wizzard of nos kits fitted to my car when it was NA. 1 kit was direct port, controller, bottom heater with a 100shot the other one was a single point kit no controller no heater. Both had 11lb bottles

Think it was around £60 to fill an 11lb bottle. But they don't last that longe if your running a decent amount.

They are easy to install and set up, if your any good with basic tools.

If your any good with doing work on your car yourself. Then it would work out cheaper fitting a 1jzgte

Cheers, I am going for TT bpu and want that extra 100bhp for when I really need it ;)

I use NX wet nos kit single port with 15lb bottle, bottle heater, purge kit and running 75 shot. It costs be £100 to fill my bottle and my set up including install cost just 2.5k but I went for full Motorsport spec kit which if honest don't need but in future when go direct port can up the nos shot to 250bhp which was my thinking when ordered kit.

Oh I had trouble getting insurance with nos sky won't insure cars fitted with nos, I use Adrian flux and they seem fine and I only pay £310 a year with them for supra .

Edited by Suprakeith
added more information (see edit history)

Watch out for this well-known side-effect, as well as blowing the welds on the intake. You don't want him and the mad scientist to have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you've fried.

http://i0.wp.com/blazepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/floor-ecclipse.gif?resize=640%2C360

Have you checked with your insurance company about adding NOS? alot of them are very funny about insuring a car with NOS on

I am old so insurance is no worries

I use NX wet nos kit single port with 15lb bottle, bottle heater, purge kit and running 75 shot. It costs be £100 to fill my bottle and my set up including install cost just 2.5k but I went for full Motorsport spec kit which if honest don't need but in future when go direct port can up the nos shot to 250bhp which was my thinking when ordered kit.

Oh I had trouble getting insurance with nos sky won't insure cars fitted with nos, I use Adrian flux and they seem fine and I only pay £310 a year with them for supra .

Thanks for the heads up, I use Adrian Flux for 2 of my cars at the moment both on classic policies. I will use them for the Supra too :thumbs:

I am thinking a 100 shot on a wet system.

Where do you notice the increase most on the 75 jet?

How long does it take you to burn through £100 worth if your out for the day having fun?

Edited by MadMax2042 (see edit history)

I am old so insurance is no worries

Thanks for the heads up, I use Adrian Flux for 2 of my cars at the moment both on classic policies. I will use them for the Supra too :thumbs:

I am thinking a 100 shot on a wet system.

Where do you notice the increase most on the 75 jet?

How long does it take you to burn through £100 worth if your out for the day having fun?

The nos has its biggest effect in 2nd and 3rd gear, but it all depends how you decide to use the nos as. I have mine set to come on at full throttle over 3k.

If your going for 100shot then I would recommend a controller for the nos.

And I find the bottles last a while when fill it as if I go out for drive with mates I may only use couple of shots, plus I only use the nos if road is dry.

I did use about half bottle at Santa pod few months ago, but did spend the most of the day going up strip.

Watch out for this well-known side-effect, as well as blowing the welds on the intake. You don't want him and the mad scientist to have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you've fried.

http://i0.wp.com/blazepress.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/floor-ecclipse.gif?resize=640%2C360

Well played getting that quote in :p

I would start off with a fixed hit of 25 first. Nitrous is more affective on turbo cars so you don't want to go to big straight away. It has been known for a 25 shot to give a increase of over a 100bhp.

I think a bottle will last 10min at 25shot if used continuesly. But it's probably more like a week or two depending how much you use it.

I would start off with a fixed hit of 25 first. Nitrous is more affective on turbo cars so you don't want to go to big straight away. It has been known for a 25 shot to give a increase of over a 100bhp.

I think a bottle will last 10min at 25shot if used continuesly. But it's probably more like a week or two depending how much you use it.

With full bpu 25bhp will be like farting in the wind!

I want to feel the difference, and feel good about burning my money :p