The mkiv Supra Owners Club

120 amp fuse blown, how to replace?

hogmaw

Thanks for the info :)

Is this the correct replacement? Looks similar but not sure

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171356785825?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

One or two dimensions not quite right with that particular fuse, I got a spare from Toyota a while ago as there seemed to be nothing else available to fit the moulded receiver in the fusebox the original fuse is made for.

I'll bet you haven't blown it, I thought the same 2 weeks ago, it was my battery that was fooked, but I went down the route of changing that fuse... I got it from Steve Manley at Oxford Toyota for £14 I think.... Only to find out it was the battery... If you can wait until after this weekend I can bring down my battery and fuse to try if you want....

Top marks Bignum, I had to jump start it this morning not having started it for about a month. I had to take a guess with the jump leads as the battery on the donor car wasn't marked black/red... looks like I guessed wrong! I should have looked closer to see if there was a -ve and +ve marked but too late now. The car does start and does drive, but with no electrics. Fuse is deffo blown. I just have to find one now.

Top marks Bignum, I had to jump start it this morning not having started it for about a month. I had to take a guess with the jump leads as the battery on the donor car wasn't marked black/red... looks like I guessed wrong! I should have looked closer to see if there was a -ve and +ve marked but too late now. The car does start and does drive, but with no electrics. Fuse is deffo blown. I just have to find one now.

When minw blew/cracked (From old age) I could not start and drive the car. I'd check all the other fuses as well before you do anything else.