The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hidi All. New member 3.0 n\a rocker cover and oil dipstick

Guest loughman

Guest loughman

Hidi all. I am new to this site. I find it a definitive and tremendous source of information and you are all to be thanked most sincerely for that.

I have a 95 3.0 n\a supra which I have owned for the last three years, which up to this point have been trouble free thankfully.

I find reading the oil dipstick on the car a bit of a bollox. The studded side of the dipstick facing the engine gives my desired reading, about a third from full. However on the reverse of the dipstick the oil is up to an inch over full. Does anyone else experience this and can anyone elaborate.

I have also noticed oil sweeping from both rocker covers. I am going to drain some oil from the sump and see if too much oil in the crank is causing this. If the gaskets are shot, and knowing my luck they will be, I will change them out myself. I would appreciate it if anyone out there can offer advice on how to best approach this job, what's the do's and the donts.

Thank your u all and I look forward to many happy hours browsing this forum.

I would appreciate it if anyone out there can offer advice on how to best approach this job, what's the do's and the donts.

Click on this link to see what's involved. The thread is to change the plugs but loads of it is relevant to changing the cam covers.......if you end up taking feel free to ask for further info...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?4262-S-Plugs/page2&highlight=spark