The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What injectors?

Tommyd16

1cc per HP is a ROUGH rule of thumb. The 2nd rule of thumb is that you want the maximum duty cycle to be 80%...

So if we take 500 as a number. 100 is 20% of that. So 600cc should in theory be enough for 500HP. But you can't get 600's (that I know of). So I would get 650's.

Ultimately you don't fit 1000cc injectors because Idle Control gets harder and harder (it's the fine control at the smaller openings that gets harder - but not impossibly so - modern injectors are amazing really).

EDIT - I guess if you can ever see yourself going beyond Hybrids and you get a really good quality injector driver / ECU now getting bigger injectors should be fine. It's then down to the mapper to make it all work. The ID1000's seem to be very popular and you could future proof with a fuel system built around them.

Edited by Alex (see edit history)

I'd get UK spec 550's as they would be easier to map/control and are man enough for the job. The maximum duty cycle percentage is something I feel dates back to ye olde times :D Bear in mind every BPU Supra out there runs 100% duty once it hits 1bar+ of boost, and not a single injector has ever gone wrong that we've heard of in years. I run mine up to about 95 to 98% right at the top end of boost and revs, and after ten years the only thing not wrong with them was the solenoids :D