The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Friendly greetings from the UK

Jordanch

Hi everyone,

I thought I would post to say hello being new to the MKIVSupra forum!

I'm 19 years of age and from Kent, looking at buying my boyhood dream car of a supra! (First fell in love at the age of 6 when the first fast and furious came out).

I soon turn 20 at that's the age my insurance becomes something I'm willing to pay, around the £2k mark, I know this is in reality expensive but for the car it is and at my age I personally I am happy to pay it, considering I paid over £2000 at the age of 17 for a 1.2 corsa :blink:

I'm looking for a 3.0TT Manual (in black but will consider other colours), either UK or import spec, hopefully being as standard as possible but a few modifications will do no harm. From what I understand a UK spec is going to cost more than an import spec.

I have a budget of around £12,000.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where's best to look? I have seen that I need to pay £10 membership fee to access the classified section, which is something I will do.

I'm not in a rush to buy the supra, ideally the longer I wait the better, because I can put more money towards one.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to meeting everyone in the future at club meets!.. When I've bought one :cool:

Thanks for the welcome!

I have looked at UK spec and import and there is not a huge difference between the two. Ideally I want a UK Spec as you rightly said it holds it's value better, which is one thing that I want to make happens! Haven't dismissed the auto just yet!:innocent:

Where do all these young boys find the money!? Im 20 years old, going on 21. I wish I had £12k to spend!

Welcome by the way :) Maybe come down to the Bluewater supra meet.

Been working hard over the last few years! Sounds excellent, my current car will look out of place however :(

Where do all these young boys find the money!? Im 20 years old, going on 21. I wish I had £12k to spend!

Welcome by the way :) Maybe come down to the Bluewater supra meet.

I'm 28 and wish I had £12k to spend!

Welcome to the club. Good to see someone has read the rules for once :)

Personally, at the age of 19/20, I'd buy an NA first to get used to the rear wheel drive. The TT's can be a bit tail happy in adverse conditions (so can NA's in all honesty but less so in my experience, and easier to save). I know it's not what someone wants to hear, but we don't want to see a thread in a few months time saying you've wrapped it in the rain :taped:

Just a bit of advice from my experiences :)

Been working hard over the last few years! Sounds excellent, my current car will look out of place however :(

Fair play to you! Atleast the hard work is paying of :)

I'd recommend an N/A aswell, purely for the fact that going from a 1.2 corsa to a 3.0ltr RWD supra will be a massive step up. I know its not the model you want but even the N/A can be a handful when it wants to be. Maybe try come to a bluewater meet and I'm sure someone will take you for a spin so you can get a taster for things.

Thanks all for the feedback!

I don't thankfully drive a corsa 1.2 anymore. I have the newer Fiesta ST stage one(220bhp). I find my fiesta has plenty of power and certainly surprises other drivers with it's power! I have considered a NA but it's something I'll have a think about. I live in the Maidstone area The Raven. Also to answer Mike2JZ question, the £12k is for the car alone. Fuel isn't a worry because the car will only be doing around 3-4k mileage max a year which is easily affordable from the MPG you get and also maintenance isn't an issue either thankfully!

:welcome:

I personally wouldn't waste any money or time buying an NA, its power delivery is nothing like a twin turbo's and if

you get full bpu'd car after the NA it'll have nigh on double the hp and torque and you'll have to learn how to drive it all over

again

Get a nice TT and get yourself to a track and learn to drive it ;)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

:welcome:

I personally wouldn't waste any money or time buying an NA, its power delivery is nothing like a twin turbo's and if

you get full bpu'd car after the NA it'll have nigh on double the hp and torque and you'll have to learn how to drive it all over

again

Get a nice TT and get yourself to a track and learn to drive it ;)

I like your sense! ;)

Ideally this is what I wanted to do, pick up a TT then learn to drive it on a track. I know a few have said it's a tail happy car but I really won't be hooning on roads, there's only a time and place for that style of driving. I just want it to be my pride a joy!

Plus I will be modifying it, so I don't want to have to spend on two different cars!

One question. What is BPU? Not used much jargon! :(