The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seat retrim price - £1600 too much?

cered

Just had a quote for a retrim (two OEM front seats and the rear bench) in red leather with perforated inners, £1400 for the re-trim and £200 added on for the perforated inserts.

I was expecting £400-700 or so, maybe a bit extra the perforated leather. Am I right in assuming £1600 is about £1k too much?

I'd say if its by a well respected vehicle retrimmer who are known to produce top quality work, then the price is about right. If anything, maybe just £200-300 over.

I recently had a quote for £900 - just the 2 front seats in nappa leather with alcantra inserts. Did the price include any embroidery? That usually adds in a little bit more too.

£1600 isn't necessarily too much, the important thing is to make sure you're getting value for money. Many cheap trimmers use inferior leather off cuts, and vinyl backs. More expensive ones may use superior grades with better grain, and from unbranded cattle. The quality of stitching varies massively too.

it was from an established trimmer who do everything retrimming wise, few good shouts online too. I was originally intending to use Jack Smith in Swansea, but they no longer do it so no good. Think I'll have a shop around and check out their work in person.

And yeah I'd want it embroidered rather than piped so that could jack up the price

Ask Jurgen, his guy does a great job. Did my recaros in the supra and had my brides done in the rex by him aswell...

I've also had a set and familiar with another, and while they are very good value for money, they aren't comparable to the likes of Gibson or MJ Interiors.

But Jurgen charged me £450 for trimming my Recaros, MJ quoted me £1100 to do the ones in my Corrado. You get what you pay for. :)

I know a guy who trims from a shed in his garden his works great hes done a few on here and costs a lot less than that.you choose the leather hides from the swatches he has.perforated is available and he goes by the name of roy puckhett upholstery I can give him you number for a price via PM

I've also had a set and familiar with another, and while they are very good value for money, they aren't comparable to the likes of Gibson or MJ Interiors.

But Jurgen charged me £450 for trimming my Recaros, MJ quoted me £1100 to do the ones in my Corrado. You get what you pay for. :)

What he says !!

I have seen multiple examples of both and I must say MJ produce far superior work.

Also look at Plush automotive