OCD Works Billet Valve Covers

Jellybean

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would need to remove them and see what there is to attach them to. If they could be screwed and Loctited that would be better. Welding may warp or discolour them. It would be better if welding to make thicker baffles from say 2 or 3mm sheet ali. They look less than 1mm from the photos. Make sure a stock seal sits properly in the grooves, too.

Guest Nicholas

I think with their recent fame their quality control has gone out the window, I wouldn't be happy with that considering these are what £800/900 shipped? You've had some bad luck recently, chin up it'll all come good!

I think with their recent fame their quality control has gone out the window, I wouldn't be happy with that considering these are what £800/900 shipped? You've had some bad luck recently, chin up it'll all come good!

Going by facebook , they are pulling a few all nighters so the quality control has been milled out of existence

I purchased some billet timing covers from them recently, first off the top cover didn't fit and sat wonky, then they wouldn't fit over my Titan cam gears. For almost a grand I expected better, on top of that I had to pay extra in shipping charges and duties for the one off improved 3D covers which I have to say are spot on and fit like stock.

But as Nicholas said their quality isn't as good as it was once known for and I definitely wouldn't get anything else from them.

I just want a refund and stick with my OEM covers, posted up on the Supra Forums , as it is their main client base so hopefully I will get some resolution

I will post up a thread about MVP and my experience depending how they resolve this but so far , the way the parts arrived and in the box they did is disgraceful

I am not surprised I am missing parts and the above got damaged

Considering how much they cost... That baffle plate is utter WANK! How crap!!

Too many times I see people loosing engines to debris from Valve covers ; with oil temps , I cannot see the glue staying their too long ; not worth the risk.

So at the moment they are an expensive fancy paper weight

I am fedup fixing peoples mistakes , Like with the Recaro's I bought ; I paid $$ for their service I expect a reasonable level of quality

Also on another plus note

They also arrived damaged

The oil cap is a joke , took me 10 mins to try and free the thing and thats with it off the car, you would damage it or hurt yourself trying to get the leverage to get the cap off if it was installed on the car, I needed to use all my bodyweight to get it back on ; not feasible if its on the car

So just off the phone with MVP ,

Usual we never had any back, we sold alot of these ; thats how the OEM baffles are mounted to valve covers , I disputed this , and the OEM baffles are not just 1mm thick either

As it was a black friday sale , we cannot give you a refund , maybe store credit or an exchange

I didnt loose the head with them but I am not a happy customer , off to OCD works to see what these guys say

As for the other missing parts , they have to check

Plus they have to check with OCD works about the 63 dollar OCD Works Stainless Steel Hardware Kit for OCD Billet Valve Covers+Coil Pack Cover Combo

It just consists of 8 stainless steel bolts for the coil pack cover; 63 bucks for 8 stainless steel bolts!!!! Their website says different!

To sum up , what a crock of shit ; I was adamant with MVP to check and triple check my order as I am in Ireland, if things are wrong shipping is $$$

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I'm glad you guys posted the feedback, now I 100% will not buy anything from them :).

This is my first time getting a bulk order , all order prior no issues, but even if the baffles where ok, the covers are still damages due to lack of packaging , you should of seen how the items where packaged ; the box was in half and the OCD Works items just in plastic, no bubble wrap around them , roof caved in ; everything was just thrown in their

The frustrating thing is there is enough bubble wrap in there, is it really that hard to wrap the items in bubble wrap rather than just sit them on it

I am miffed!

Can I ask some advice if these guys get back ; I know the baffles look like shite but in a more technical term how can I explain as to why I am not happy with the Baffles

My reasoning is

1mm thick baffle plus they are not very secure, I cannot see the glue lasting long in the oil temps, Too many times I see people loosing engines to debris from Valve covers ; not worth the risk and if they come loose , my new cams will be taken with them