The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance: Young Supra Driver

Guest Jam

Hey im 20 years old. I was thinking of buying a Supra when im time served engineer in a couple of months. What sort of prices am i looking at for insurance if i do buy one? I really dont think i could get the TT insurance would be collosal. So what about a manual N/A? My mate had a black one but he was insured through his dads work so im not sure how much he was paying. Ill be 21 when id be buying. 3 yrs no claims. 3 points.

This might seem like a stupid post but im just after sum advice from someone who has been in the same boat. Im currently a honda head as i love vtec but i love the appeal of the supra so i wana give it a go! :love:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheaper? whys that? u'd imagine the na would be cheaper as they are both the same cubic capacity. turbos would surely make it more expensive? if not thats very cool :D

Your mate didn't happen to have the one with the lambo doors? and I'm paying 1k for an import TT, 21 with 3yncb.

The N/A is more expensive as they never made that model here, so it's 'unknown' and therefore an excuse to raise the premuim, thing is I've seen a lot of people insuring what they think is an import n/a and in fact its the mk3, looks like you've got the corect quote though.

I think if the n/a was cheaper to insure everyone would be driving a supe, so it's kinda good in a way.

I don't know him but I remember reading his feature and that it was under his dad's company insurance, it was on autotrader a little while ago for about 15k and had an alleged 280bhp on an n/a? not sure how they got 280ish without forced induction.

Spoiler was a bad descion, but he was young!

yeh the mags tend to twist peeps words to get better features outta them. Instead of just spending cash on moddin a car there has to be a special story or twist in there! lol

Your mate didn't happen to have the one with the lambo doors? and I'm paying 1k for an import TT, 21 with 3yncb.

The N/A is more expensive as they never made that model here, so it's 'unknown' and therefore an excuse to raise the premuim, thing is I've seen a lot of people insuring what they think is an import n/a and in fact its the mk3, looks like you've got the corect quote though.

I think if the n/a was cheaper to insure everyone would be driving a supe, so it's kinda good in a way.

what company?

Just got a quote for a TT Supra. £903.22 Thats from Admiral. I think ill be buying a Supra as soon as i turn 21! Im SOOO happy now!

Cheers for the help lads much appriciated!

try admiral mate they seem to be giving magic quotes!

Also try Insurance 4 u who are a broker. im with them with my civic through Higway Insurance and im only like 600 and thats with alot of modifications....these pics will give u an idea of the amount of mods...http://www.aberdeenbeach.co.uk/jam