The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wondering the value of mine

Gaz B

Hi all.

Just to be clear, it's NOT FOR SALE! lol but I am wondering how much it would be worth should I ever consider selling.

A few facts,

It's an import. Brought over by JM in 2013 for me. Only one Japanese owner previous.

It's on 91000 kilometres (which is around 59000 miles)

Aside from the exhaust which I'm fitting soon (whifbitz 3" cat back), the BBS RS Alloys and the coilovers, it's standard.

It was auto TT but has since been converted to a 6 speed with a V160 installed (conversion also JM Imports)

It's a 1996 facelift too

Now for the pics...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers all :)

Edited by Gaz B (see edit history)

I'd say about 11-11.5k I dont think it matters if it was a auto end of the day it's a clean 6spees TT wich are hard to find these days

Don't get me wrong it is a gorgeous car. I just personally would prefer a car that's an original and I know many feel the same which in a way limits your market.

The vin saying it was once an auto will hinder the price. It will not sell for as much as a factory TT6.

I'd say sell the car for £10k with some stock 17s and good tyres. This is realistic.

You can then sell the wheels (ideally to me) for circa £1.2k-1.8k (depending on the tyres and condition of the wheels)

That gives you your 11.2-11.8k back and will result in a shorter timescale for the sale.

Bit of an upgrade from my old orange one wouldn't you say? Lol

Didn't even realise it was you Gaz! Don't sell it then! :)

Yea definitely an upgrade, it's mint. If I'd gone to the trouble of converting a car id not sell it.... So you better not this time ;)

Ps. Value will definitely increase :thumbs:

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

Thanks all, it seems you are all in the same kind of ball park which is good :)hopefully the value will only increase over time!

Should the RAF decide I can stay in the country this year, Im hoping to attend a few nap meets if I can. So you might see her first hand yet. Thanks for the comments so far :)

Didn't even realise it was you Gaz! Don't sell it then! :)

Yea definitely an upgrade, it's mint. If I'd gone to the trouble of converting a car id not sell it.... So you better not this time ;)

Ps. Value will definitely increase :thumbs:

Yeah she's a keeper! I was just curious. What you doing now, Still the blue one?

Yeah she's a keeper! I was just curious. What you doing now, Still the blue one?

Keep that curiosity at bay ;) it's a mint car. Maybe custom SRD vin plates as suggested :D

I had to sell the RSP one at the time as I got screwed over by a member who has done the same to other members. It's at a good home now with Homer on this forum.

I'll hopefully be purchasing a supra in June time now. Depending on how things go :)

Maybe custom vin. But I quite like that it's not quite right if u get me. I know the purist (I am one to a degree) but I don't want to take away the cars past.

Yeah she defo isn't for sale, I was just wondering what everybody thought.

Ah that's not good :/ at least it's gone somewhere good like u say [thumbs]

Any version in particular or something U can work on to make your own?

Maybe custom vin. But I quite like that it's not quite right if u get me. I know the purist (I am one to a degree) but I don't want to take away the cars past.

Yeah she defo isn't for sale, I was just wondering what everybody thought.

Ah that's not good :/ at least it's gone somewhere good like u say [thumbs]

Any version in particular or something U can work on to make your own?

That's good to hear. I'm glad you finally got a car you can be proud of ;)

Well I really want the dream; I.e single turbo six speed and I have found one I think but obviously people can change their mind when it comes to it.

That's good to hear. I'm glad you finally got a car you can be proud of ;)

Well I really want the dream; I.e single turbo six speed and I have found one I think but obviously people can change their mind when it comes to it.

Let's hope it works out eh!

Get SRD to make you a custom VIN plate :D

I thought changing the VIN details was illegal. Replacing the VIN is fine, as long as the original details are present.

Otherwise, people would just steal cars, chuck a new VIN on it, and sell it on. Sounds pretty dodgy to me.

Changing the details to read that it is a TT6 could be considered fraudulent, unless it states it was converted.