The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra - Manual/ NA-T Conversion Build

Bluudy

Hello and welcome to my First ever major Project, and first ever Supra! i have bought the supra june/july time 2014!

Goals for this Project are as follows:

Manual Conversion Status - Completed

Turbo Conversion Status - 90% fitted, inter cooler to fit, oil feed to fit, then get running and map.

Bodywork Status - Ridox front bumper and skirts, with Trial rear bumper, also have stock spoiler and Grams Styling big wing.

Paintwork Status - Painted red.

Currently look like this

Started like this

A Pretty Typical NA Auto with a few silly things done to it.

It came with Active Aero, Facelift Interior cloth seats, a Motoria Exhaust, Some Silly 17inch Alloys with red brakes and Red painted bolts...... dont get me started.

Other then Servicing the car, oil and filters, plugs etc. i changed the rocker gaskets, as it was knackered and leaking oil from everywhere! I Changed the Exhaust and fitted a 2.5" Catback (Powerflow), which was quieter, as the NA wth a 3" was so loud! it had to change before i got pulled for the noise.

This is changing the Exhaust!

I then had to change the interior clock, as for some strange reasons the buttons were missing, so i couldn't actually change the time!

Next was the steering wheel, The wheel was a cheap £20 quid ebay special! it was so cheap and tacky, it could actually bend on the coloum! so that had to be changed for safety reasons, this was replaced with a standard Supra wheel, which looks so much better!

Last thing to do before chucking it back on the road was change the Rear Track Rod ends! simple enough with an angle grinder!

Edited by Bluudy
Updating Statuses (see edit history)

All this work ment i could take the car on the track! and have some fun! So i took it to a JDM Meet/ Track day in september, Currborough Sprint course! which was a wicked day out to be fair! i have mashed up 4 laps into 1 video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVaXrPUu_rg

At one point i got a little to excited, i hung the back end out round a corner, and it snatched back coming off the corner! this was the result!

Video shows it all the best, as it happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqUC1FRo2dQ

Luckly no damage! other then a bruised Ego lol!

There was another Supra There that day, a TT6, and i asked for a ride, and of which he accepted, this supra is running approx 600 BHP give or take and was a beast on the track! this is what made me want to Turbo mine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxM0633R6hY

After the track day, it all came to a standstill for a month or two for the supra, as i had a bigger project to attend to!

This picture shows you the size of the garage that i was building, i had done all the ground work in the last year, and just had the concrete laid for my garage, 22ft wide by 20ft long, The NEw home for my Supra.

Few Weeks Later and this was here! as if like magic!

So this is my First Post in my Biography. will keep this going with Pictures and Videos (im sure some of you will have seen my recent progress who follow my videos, But i will update this as regularly as i can :p )

Hope You guys Like, Comments Always Welcome.

Bluudy

So it came the day to put the Supra Away in its New home, so it had a quick Wash, as it had been stood for a month under a tree. Very green around the spoiler!

The Supra was just about ready to be moved, and Click, Click, Click! Bah, the battery was flat! time to be jumped!

So that night, my Friends Astra came to help!

Eventually, the car ended up in the garage, after getting stuck in the mud in my garden! But we made it!

Now the Real Fun can begin! We started off by removing the larger parts of the front end, So bumper, Headlights and brackets etc, indicators and so on.

And this leaves us up to this;

Stay tuned for more!

Next came the rear strip down, again bumper, lights. Ive since split the rear lights, as im going to make my own custom LED ones, and needed to know all the sizes of the rings to make by using the lenses as a template.

This is a longer Episode as theres a lot of chatting, and talking about things to be done.

After that we decided to strip the interior out, OMG, never seen such a discusting mess of .....stuff all over the carpet, i ended up finding japanese coins, a foundtain pen and toy, underneath the carpet! horrible fuzzy mold, and god knows what else! the main reason for removing the interior was the mold setting on the seats and door cards, due to the conditions and damp outside and in the garage, so i decided to rip it out and place it in the warm house!

Big Pile of Parts! we took the spoiler off, because it has a really bad paint job on it, and im in 2 minds wether to go for a TRD type spoiler anyways.

Heres the coins that were found!

This is a good Video, and we had a pet dog with us on this one!

See you in the next post!

So we move on with stripping parts off the car. The Lights are off and Split. The rear bar is off and painted and we started with the engine prep, by disconnecting plugs and cables, and removing a few parts.

Then we move to removing the radiators and fluids. The Aircon was broken, so didnt have any refrigerant in at all, only traces of yellow dye. I will be removing the Air con anyways, so will not be going back on the car. The Active Aero has been taken off, as i plan to be fitting the Ridox Front bumper, and it wont be needed.

Power Steering Pump and pipework gets disconnected. As well as vast majority of the wiring harness connecting the car to the Engine. Leaving me another massive Pile of parts.

See you in the Next Post!

• 3 weeks later...

Here comes the Next few parts!, Youtube is more up to date than this page! but i will keep updating!

Part 7 Video - Removal of the Exhaust (Fully), Prop Shafts etc,

Part 8 Video - The Engine Finally Comes out!

So the Engine is out, and Boy does it look discusting, Plenty of oil leaks in its life have left it in a very poor condition! and it needed a major Clean! The Auto Box and converter gets stripped off, never to go back on again!

So got it mounted on the Engine Stand, which will become its new home for now!

The Engine Bay looks like crap t be fair. Horrible.

This is the condition of the Block, with all the oil, dirt and grease all over it! so i stripped off all the Auxiliaries

Part 9 Video - Stripping the Auxiliaries

The Engine Loom got pulled off the Engine!

This is how it looks at this point, all stripped off, but all dirty!

Stay tuned for more!

Here comes Part 10.

[video=youtube;Dwf2-ij3DMw]

6 hours of cleaning took the block from this:

to this!

Then the painting started!

Then cam the Purple Velvet Cam covers, With Gun metal Cam covers.

The inlet Manifolds, throttle body, Y Piece ETC have all gone Gun metal too!

Part 11 - More Painted Parts!

I Asked people on My Facebook Page which colour to paint the Engine Mounts, and they said Black, so the oil filter housing and Engine Mounts Went Black. as well as other parts.

I Then Had to make myself a tool to lock the Crank. As the Pulley was incredibly tight. which this did work tho!

It Appears that my Woodruff key was missing, and the pulley had been slipping on the crank - is this common? i have ordered another woodruff key.

Keep eyes peeled for more!

So the water pump finally came off, so i got that painted! Primed, then Blacked!

The Inlet looking fine in its gun metal glory!

I also Asked Facebook what colour to paint my fuel rail! they went for purple! so here it is!

So started the reassembly of the engine, i have decided to put the car back on the road for summer as a NA Manual, so the turbo will come at the back end of the year. thats when ill split the block, and change all the gaskets.

Test fit of the Parts.

The Loom is cleaned and put back on in place.

Lastly for this update, i cleaned the Gearbox up and painted it, from this;

to this!

A Lick of Paint makes all the difference!

Thats it for now folks!

• 4 weeks later...

PArt 12 - Assembly starting!

Part 13 - test Fitted the Trial Rear, Gearbox, and started work on the wheels!

This is still wet, i sprayed with satin, as im not after a shine.

Part 14 - The Tunnel is adjusted, Brakes are painted, and wheels get finished.

Need to add the supra decal back to it!

Restored the Headlight lenses, but i need to split and repaint the inners.

New Radiator arrived! just need to adjust the top brackets

Edited by Bluudy (see edit history)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My Apologies people, I have forgot to update this page, but the project has continued, if you followmy channel on youtube you would see im up to part 37!

I shall link in the parts.

[video=youtube;gDx-9LDCY2M]

The Engine gets dropped back in.

Intake pipes and exhaust gets put back on.

The Engine gets fired up with no exhaust, it is loud!

The Autobox is long gone as it now drives and we have selectable gears!

The Car looks more like a car now as all the other parts are refitted.

Bonus video i made how to dye your carpets.

[video=youtube;sq7FLN-NM1Y]

An Alarm, Decat Manifold, body kits, manual clocks are fitted as well as more busy work on the supra.

We take a look at the unboxing of the parts purchased from Grams Styling.

[video=youtube;kUk2ZU-Lo-8]

How to guide on how to fit a Decat Manifold (NA)

Part 22 shows mixed updates with the supra

I too the supra to Santapod for a bit of fun last year.

New season of Absolute modicts start, with a review of the Grams Styling spoiler.

Ive gone and bought a spare supra, so its time to take parts off it for my NA-T Build

A indepth talk in regards to the work that needs to be done for the NA-T

Let the Stripping commence.

A Video on making up the fore runner distributor cap for the NA-T

A Video on a seal rebuild kit for the injectors.

Painting the block, only to change it again in a couple of months time.

Test fit the new turbo parts for the build.

This video was just a fail from the start.

This video is when i found the previous owner had been a complete muppet.

Drilling the oil sump properly!

Video on running the oil lines

The previous owner has been a muppet again and snapped a stud, so i had to helicoil it. so i made a video on using helicoils.

The car went off for paint at this point, after the vinyl wrap was a fail, so i continued working on the engine to get it ready.

[video=youtube;NK-TQBuvlqQ]

Car is back from the paint shop, looking smart.

The engine is in, and we start bolting things back to it!

There we are back up to date.