The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on buying a modded 6sp big single Supra?

HoddyRS

The list of parts the car has will tell you a lot about how well the car has been treated, serviced etc. So try and stay away from budget setups.

If you seen any cars you have in mind, post them here I'm sure we can all help (P.S. 500hp, ain't breaking a sweat on a supra)

Welcome :)

Budget at least £15k, and as above, look for a car that has been built by a reputable company, using branded parts. Many of the big spec cars now run Syvecs ECus, and that's a good indicator of a quality car. Anything else, just make sure you do your homework. :)

If you see one you like, post it up on here. :) Generally someone is familiar with every high spec car.

Haha erm 166k... (apparently a mixture of miles and km's) appears to be a Syvecs ecu and has been to SRD for work. Looks the dogs danglies...I do need to email him to get the full spec sheet. fully undersealed also. I'm doing my best to ignore the milage so just after a little reassurance ;-)

Yeah Tony the one on Pistonheads. Unfortunately I haven't got the funds for a lower milage example and almost choked on my cornflakes when I saw a nicely modified one that is within my grasp. Just my luck it isn't local! I'll listen to what you knowledgeable chaps have to say :-)

Aah shit! Well it was a good job I came here aye :-) is a lovely car you have there Tony...did think it was almost too good to be true. So back to my suicide mission of an RX7 ;-) be nice to join you lads sometime though. I've watched enough YouTube supra vids to know I need one in my life ;-)

Aah shit! Well it was a good job I came here aye :-) is a lovely car you have there Tony...did think it was almost too good to be true. So back to my suicide mission of an RX7 ;-) be nice to join you lads sometime though. I've watched enough YouTube supra vids to know I need one in my life ;-)

What is your budget bud? You may get an Auto TT at least. Far more reliable than an RX7.

Up to 9k mate. An auto TT would be nice and I agree, reliable. But it's an Auto...not really for me. I guess if I was doing more milage it would be perfect but for country road blasts a rex makes sense, even if it wants to blow up at every turn of the key ;-) a black single turbo one should hopefully be done in next month or so that I'm looking at getting. 400hp and 1230kg sounds like a lot of fun :-) going to any meets this year? With any luck I'll be there at totb hanging around a btcc liveried civic :-)

There's a 480hp LS2 RX7 on eBay at the moment for £10k. That should be a much better car than a 13b powered RX7.

A v8 rx7 would be crackers! I'll keep it In mind about a 6spd Supra and keep an eye out ;-) wouldn't mind a 2jz in a RX7 either ;-)

2JZ is much heavier than the 13b. that and the shape and size of it would ruin the RX7s amazing handling. The LS engines weigh a similar amount to the 13b with the turbos etc, don't sit much further forward and can have a similar center of gravity if the right install kit is used. Plus, the V8 ones don't use any oil, and are much better on fuel than the factory 13b ones.

It's not very often when an engine swap makes a car better than when it left the factory, but the LS engines were made for the fantastic FD3S Chassis :cool:

I will have a V8 rex one day.

This might suit you though... :cool:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121564362299?clk_rvr_id=777234184382&rmvSB=true

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)