The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 Nations

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Now I am not an England fan.......... but I really do not like the way games go when Mr Joubert is referee! He normally refs Welsh games and it always seemed like he "favored" one team (normally the ones playing against Wales) and all the 50/50 calls seemed to go one way. Since I support Wales, I thought I was biased and left it at that. After yesterdays game, I really dont like the way he calls the game. Towards the end, I saw a lot of Robshaw getting frustrated with the ref.

However, what Ireland did do well, was take Robshaw out of the game, he had nothing very little in the way of steals and carries.

Looks like we are heading towards an interesting finish..... Wales just need to beat Ireland and there should be 3 teams tied for the top ;)

Now I am not an England fan.......... but I really do not like the way games go when Mr Joubert is referee! He normally refs Welsh games and it always seemed like he "favored" one team (normally the ones playing against Wales) and all the 50/50 calls seemed to go one way. Since I support Wales, I thought I was biased and left it at that. After yesterdays game, I really dont like the way he calls the game. Towards the end, I saw a lot of Robshaw getting frustrated with the ref.

However, what Ireland did do well, was take Robshaw out of the game, he had nothing very little in the way of steals and carries.

Looks like we are heading towards an interesting finish..... Wales just need to beat Ireland and there should be 3 teams tied for the top ;)

Glad you said that about the ref, because i felt like that a couple of times. (Not to take anything away from the Irish who out played us) Did you think that was a forward pass right at the end?

Glad you said that about the ref, because i felt like that a couple of times. (Not to take anything away from the Irish who out played us) Did you think that was a forward pass right at the end?

Ireland did do well, but being on the right side of the 50/50 calls will change the structure and flow of the game completely and very hard to be on the receiving side of that.

As much as it pains me to say, no, I thought the pass flat.... worst case he should have gone to the TV ref. There was also an Irish forward pass (quite bad) that was missed.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not wrong Tony. They are so inconsistent but they seem to be trying to change their game play, using the back line more, trying to get a more running game going. If so, it will take some time to get it right, so more frustrating games to come I think. On a bright point I think Ford is looking better with every match, I thought he was outstanding yesterday.

Ford looked good in the England game, they are still a relatively new team, so will take some time.

Very happy with the way Wales played, ref was a bit annoying in the first half, BUT by doing that, he set the stage for an awesome, clean game!!! It forced the forwards to play the game properly and created a lovely game of rugby, best game of the 6 nations and a good followup to the defeat Wales had against Ireland. I could not believe the defense from Wales, utterly fantastic to watch :)

I genuinely could not believe how Ireland threw that game away. Effort is not on it's own enough to win a game at the level international rugby has reached. The forwards really should have fed back out into the backs instead of bashing their heads on the post FFS there was two of them standing in space with their arms up and a welsh player crying oout for support as he'd seen the obvious danger. Our forwards were very guilty of not releasing the ball out, the welsh didn't make that mistake and played a very rounded game which is why they won.

On the flipside that France Italy game was painful to watch, bloody awful in fact.

It has added up to what will be an extremely explosive final round of matches. I reckon you'll see tempers resulting in a little light tickling :) You will effectively get three finals all of which will have you sat on the edge of your seat and all of which can affect what the other game needs to do!

Great match but that ref needed to chill out a bit, stupid penalties for 'not rolling away' I can only imagine it's quite difficult to roll away when there's about 300KG of Welsh/Irish human ontop of you fighting for the ball

You say that, but they managed (to move away) pretty well in the 2nd half. I think his harsh attitude in the 1st half is what made the game... too many teams have become reliant on refs not being harsh enough and illegally slowing down the ball. NZ is especially good at it....

You say that, but they managed (to move away) pretty well in the 2nd half. I think his harsh attitude in the 1st half is what made the game... too many teams have become reliant on refs not being harsh enough and illegally slowing down the ball. NZ is especially good at it....

I will admit I have a tourists knowledge of rugby (I quite literally only watch Wales play). But you're most likely right, some refs seem oblivious to forward passes, blocking and holding onto the ball. Think leniant refs are what we've become used to!

I will admit I have a tourists knowledge of rugby (I quite literally only watch Wales play). But you're most likely right, some refs seem oblivious to forward passes, blocking and holding onto the ball. Think leniant refs are what we've become used to!

Exactly the problem.... and a shame that it killed the first half of rugby, but it also made for an awesome 2nd half :)

What a great second half by the Welsh. That's set it all up very nicely. Wonder how important the try at the end by the Italians might be. At this rate, if the next game is as exciting I'll have drunk to much ale to see the England game. :burp: