The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Tyre Shopping? - tyreleader.co.uk review

MATT RR

Just though I would share my (positive) experience with a German based tyre dealer, http://www.tyreleader.co.uk

I have been browsing for 3 weeks now looking to buy new tyres, I have always used Camskill or Blackcircles but for the tyres I wanted (Vred's) they were not the cheapest and didnt have stock availability either. (dont get me wrong, I have used them befoe and they are fantastic)

After reading reviews on http://www.ears.co.uk and http://www.oponeo.co.uk who were cheaper alternatives to the above two, i decided to avoid because of stories about long delivery times and them selling you tyres that are not always in stock. Im sure many people will have had good experiences with them, no doubt, but the reviews put me off.

Anyhow i found http://www.tyreleader.co.uk, which is based in Germany, they had the cheapest price including delivery for the 4 tyres I wanted, after reading reviews I ordered as it showed the tyres as in stock. I then recieved instant email confirmation, then an information email explaining the process with customer service support info, then next day recieved tracking numbers. The live tracking was great, showed exactly where they were, who was going to deliver them, and what was happening, could not fault it.

Tyres turned up 2 days later to which I am delighted!

One point to note when using them is they also sell older new tyres, but they show you the date of manufacture when you search, I would not buy new tyres that have been sat for a few years as they do age, but if you are happy to do so you can get even cheaper tyres than i got. You can even pick up Toyo T1 R's in some sizes that were made a few years ago!

This post is just to help anyone considering using them, I would definatly reccomend them, they were the cheapest I could find for the tyres I wanted and the service and delivery speed was perfect (pic attached of the live tracking they give you)!

I will definately be usign them again! :D

tyres.jpg

Great info. With my luck with tyres I'll no doubt need to visit that site soon :D

an expensive game hey, I just bought a full new set of Vred's not 3 months ago, then changed wheels, the old set still have 7mm tread on as have done less than 30 miles.........I'm an idiot :blink:

I love German stores. There's one called Alfisti who specialize in Alfa/Italian car parts (OEM and AEM). not only are they a good few ££ cheaper than UK prices, their delivery is usually 2-3 days max. Thanks for the protip, will bookmark their page

Ich liebe Deutsch Tuning shopthings

On a side note, only bad point, and I'm being picky here and it wasn't even the company's fault, DPD delivered the 4 tyres I ordered in two batches over two days, slightly annoying when you are waiting to fit all 4 at the same time, but still quick delivery and great prices from tyreleader!

Jesus that was a quick delivery.

I just used Oponeo the other day which I normally find cheap, I try and order them a week before I want them just in case. My mates dad had an issue with delivery where 4 tyres turned up over 3 days..... however due to the prices and that I get them sent straight to the garage it's no big deal for me.

I wonder if they source or send some wheels direct from their suppliers or different warehouse locations depending on size and availability. There must be a reason why sometimes they dont all come at once, definately worth saving a few peenys if split delivery is not a major issue :)

Oponeo and Tyreleader are a lot cheAper than Camskill.

Yeh also ears.co.uk are also very competitive, but like with Oponeo I had read some bad reviews on delivery times and stock availability, not had any experience with either of these two though myself so cant comment on the validity of those review :)