The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Throttle pedal slight stick on rare occassion, possibly?

supra_24

Hi guys,

just a quick one for peace of mind.

I have a 5 speed twin turbo supra with stage 3 + clutch. My supra usually idles at 800-900rpm's.

However I have noticed that on the rare occasion, when driving slowly onto my drive way and giving it a few small revs, nothing above 800 to 1000rpms, to get onto the drive, that when stationbary the car then starts to idel at 1000rpm or ever so slightly above.

Then when I give the car a small rev, the idle drops to 800rpm to 900rpm.

I think this has been present since owning the car, just never notice it that much as the car drives and accellerates perfectly. Clutch is brand new since December.

I think its almost like the gas pedal gets ever so slightly stuck.

Is this a common thing to happen? and is it a case of something that I should even be concerend about if it happens very rarely?

Im guessing maybe that the throttle cable is possibly in need of lubrication perhaps? As i doubt its anything to do with a brand new clucth which I havent driven on that much.

Im going for a service next week so could always have my garage check over your advised areas.

Any help as always is most appreciated?

Regards

Ashley

Check what it's like at the throttle body. See if you can get it to stick open slightly by pushing the throttle open there.

One thing to remember is that turning the steering wheel will increase the revs as you are working the steering pump, this opens a valve that is connected to the underside of the throttle body. It's perfectly normal for this to happen.