The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stick on number plates (pic)

Supraleeturbo

I think dvla say long as it's no smaller than 64mm in height its legal. check dvla website.

Found this

ce.

Where a vehicle has been allocated a UK registration number, the number plate must comply with the specification and standards laid out in the Road Vehicles ( Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001, as amended. Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display numberplates with smaller characters if the vehicle does not have European Community Vehicle Type Approval and the vehicle's construction/design cannot accommodate standard size numberplates.

The dimensions for the smaller sized plate are:

• each character in the registration number must be 64mm high

the width of each character of the number, other than the letter 'I' and the figure '1' must be 44mm

• the width of every part of the stroke forming a character in a number must be 10mm

the spacing between any two characters within a group must be 10mm

• the vertical spacing between groups of characters must be 5mm

• the width of a margin between the number and the top and lateral sides of the numberplate must be not less than 5mm

• the space between the bottom of the number/character and the bottom of the plate must not be less than 13mm, but within that space, the space between the bottom of the number and the top of the name and postcode of the person the plate was supplied must not be less than 5mm.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emai..._vehicles.html

When filling in the form the email reference number 186847 will be required.

Regards

G Parslow

Customer Enquiries Group

DVLA

thank you for your efforts guys but im still going to go for the stick on

1. To give me peace of mind that im not going to get stopped every time my car comes out the garage

2. i want to get my bumper smoothed and re sprayed anyways

so any body that has brought a sticker number plate, if they can put me on the right path that would be grand

Just stick a normal plate on it, it's just not worth the hassle imo.

As I'm not running an fmic, I'm going to mount mine in the bumper opening, on hidden quick release brackets for when I'm taking pics. :)

What about airflow to the radiator ?

I used a stick on plate, i had a local sticker company make it, pretty sure it was still illegal

even though it was the correct size

Never had a problem in many years of it being on my car, you only need 1 jobsworth though and

your back to having to fit a proper plate made by a plate comp

P1000346.jpg

Even if you up the size to a small Jap style plate you'll at least be within the rights of the law.

My mate stupidly decided he'd get a number plate the size of a small letterbox. Literally crossed a junction outside his house and got done for it. Fitted a legal Jap plate and hasn't had any bother since.

Plus, sticker plates look naff :D

I got mine from here....ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUMBER-PLATE-SELF-ADHESIVE-STICK-ON-VANS-SHOWS-CAR-EVENTS-DAYS-TRACK-/201263695078?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2edc4044e6

As the title suggest they are show/event/track, legally I'm not sue on the rules for road use, I have never been pulled for mine (despite its position), see below pic, however I imagine if someone is driving like a bellend and gets pulled over it will probably be another thing to do you for.

20141230_130314.jpg

My advice when applying it is to spray the area with water with a bit of washing up liquid in, when you apply the plate it will move and slip around easily to get it right, then use a credit card to flatten, leave to dry and it should be perfect.

Even if you up the size to a small Jap style plate you'll at least be within the rights of the law.

My mate stupidly decided he'd get a number plate the size of a small letterbox. Literally crossed a junction outside his house and got done for it. Fitted a legal Jap plate and hasn't had any bother since.

Plus, sticker plates look naff :D

I'm getting a uk legal size stick on one and it just will look like its a normal plate plus it won't look naff as it will be on my rmm lip

And smoothed freshly painted bumper :-)

I got mine from here....ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NUMBER-PLATE-SELF-ADHESIVE-STICK-ON-VANS-SHOWS-CAR-EVENTS-DAYS-TRACK-/201263695078?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2edc4044e6

As the title suggest they are show/event/track, legally I'm not sue on the rules for road use, I have never been pulled for mine (despite its position), see below pic, however I imagine if someone is driving like a bellend and gets pulled over it will probably be another thing to do you for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]196869[/ATTACH]

My advice when applying it is to spray the area with water with a bit of washing up liquid in, when you apply the plate it will move and slip around easily to get it right, then use a credit card to flatten, leave to dry and it should be perfect.

Thank you mate but the place where we get our vans sign writen are going to supply and fit it all for £19