The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quicksilver progress thread - 00' TT Tiptronic Facelift - Yaris wheel fully fitted

cered

Thought I'd post up a thread to document progress and developments with my newly acquired Supra from Forester200. I've had a few ideas since driving Supras on Gran Turismo 2 many years ago and from looking at other members cars. Big thanks to Forester200 too for his hospitality and of course selling me his Supra!

Current spec:

- 2000 facelift Toyota Supra RZ VVTi Tiptronic Auto TT

- Cusco carbon Strut brace

- Whifbitz lowering springs

- Whifbitz intercooler pipes

- Whifbitz Decatted exhaust system

- Walbro fuel pump

- Lexus GS300 18x8j and 18x10j alloys

- K&N oil & panel filter

- UK big brakes

#### New Plans

Interior:

- Cobra Daytona front seats in black leather, red stitching and 3d mesh inserts

- Rear seat delete - Leather console with two extra speakers, carpeted either side but flush to the rear door cards. Think of a more Supra-lined/shaped GTR rear seat deal

- Additional to the rear conversion; a single DIN cup holder insert and 12v/USB output or chargers, another hidden 12v for mydashcam

- Topgaiters Doorcards/handles (Black w/ red stitches)

- Topgaiters armrest cover (black w/ red stitches)

- Repair hole in gear surround after deleting alarm keyfob thing

Exterior:

- Treat and seal the underside, looking into alternatives to show off the clean floorpan though. Bilt Hamber are bound to have something

- Active front spoiler

- Top Secret rear diffuser

- AXE CS Lite alloy wheels or maybe a set of forged ones from Whifbitz

- Fiddle with the front indicators so they match the headlights

- LED or HID bulb conversion for headlights

Performance:

- Whifbitz throttle conversion for cruise control and throttle blipping (I love it, don't ask) & improving the throttle

- SMIC

- New turbo piping, not a fan of the alloy

- Red-Dot 6 groove front brake disks

Old Plans:

- Red leather seats (rear seats, front oem seats with heated retrofit) retrim by Jack Smith, Swansea

- Celica Gen7 steering wheel retrim in black leather, red stitching by Jack Smith, Swansea

- Topgaiters full leather doorcard covers (Black with red stitching)

- Topgaiters armrest (Black with red stitching)

- TDR Tiptronic Gearknob (alloy top with black leather and red stitching - notice a theme here?)

- LED conversion for dashboard (Red LEDs, then white LED's for 'on' status lights - white LED on OEM dials with red needles)

- 18" Concave alloys, haven't decided yet. Looking for a nice 7 spoke wheel

- Active aero spoiler

- Snoop's AMG flappy-paddle conversion for Celica/MR2 steering wheel

#### New Plans

Interior:

- Cobra Daytona front seats in black leather, red stitching and 3d mesh inserts

- Rear seat delete - Leather console with two extra speakers, carpeted either side but flush to the rear door cards. Think of a more Supra-lined/shaped GTR rear seat deal

- Additional to the rear conversion; a single DIN cup holder insert and 12v/USB output or chargers, another hidden 12v for mydashcam

- Topgaiters Doorcards/handles (Black w/ red stitches)

- Topgaiters armrest cover (black w/ red stitches)

- Repair hole in gear surround after deleting alarm keyfob thing

Exterior:

- Treat and seal the underside, looking into alternatives to show off the clean floorpan though. Bilt Hamber are bound to have something

- Active front spoiler

- Top Secret rear diffuser

- AXE CS Lite alloy wheels or maybe a set of forged ones from Whifbitz

- Fiddle with the front indicators so they match the headlights

- LED or HID bulb conversion for headlights

Performance:

- Whifbitz throttle conversion for cruise control and throttle blipping (I love it, don't ask) & improving the throttle

- SMIC

- New turbo piping, not a fan of the alloy

- Red-Dot 6 groove front brake disks

Will post some decent pics as I go along - not enough daylight hours during the winter! This isn't really a project car, mainly a bit of fun and something to spend spare money on. My daily driver is a 2006 Alfa Romeo GT diesel.

attachment.jpg

attachment1.jpg

Edited by cered (see edit history)

Looks nice and tidy mate! Thinking of getting my rear windows tinted next.

They do tidy up the look of the car, annoying at night though because all you can see is headlights behind you. I think they're 90% tints, something like 50-60% would be ideal I think!

Was this Paul Whiffins brothers car? Looks lovely :cool:

I'd also adds brake master cylinder stopper, and braided brake lines if you don't have them already. :)

Yeah that's the one, it's been looked after as you can imagine! what does a brake cylinder stopper do?

Congrats on your purchase :)

I was considering to buying this if you didnt :banghead:

Give me first dibs on those rims when you sell them though please

Will do, I'll post up anything in here. Need to save up a few hundred ££ before I can think about new wheels first. They are impressive though, 10j rears...

Yeah that's the one, it's been looked after as you can imagine! what does a brake cylinder stopper do?

It stops the brake master cylinder from moving when braking. It's supposed to give a decent improvement in pedal feel under braking, which is something the uk brakes sorely lack.

It stops the brake master cylinder from moving when braking. It's supposed to give a decent improvement in pedal feel under braking, which is something the uk brakes sorely lack.

They are good brakes but I do get what you mean, not much feedback from them. I need to get something done for my Alfa brakes too, they feel like they have no bite at all after the Supra! Might get a joblot of braided hoses, new fluid and disks/pads from Red-Dot racing. I'll see if Whifbitz could fit a brake cylinder stopper too, thanks for the protip!

Looks a nice car :thumbs:

No real need for a Turbo Timer though, waste of money in my opinion.

Thanks! No need to wind them down like on Subarus? I'm in the habit of letting the car idle before shutting it off and driving sedately before parking up anyways so not really a concern, just an extra gadget is all

Best colour, looks incredible in the sun :cool:

Hopefully we'll get some soon then! :p Managed to get some pics of it in its new habitat...

Also, it's first mod:

- TRD gearknob

- Topgaiters BMW E46 gearstick gaiter

- Topgaiters Supra Handbrake gaiter

Made a huge difference, interior feels a lot more 'sporty'

Edited by cered (see edit history)

That is stunning :cool:

I take it the use of an E46 handbrake gaiter isn't a coincidence?... :D Just out of interest, does your handbrake have a factory leather handle?

I was going to have one custom made (to size/spec) then I saw in your thread that you used an E46, saw topgaiters had them for £6 so thought it was worth a go! (Second thing I've copied... Don't hate me lols)

Nope just the rubber condom jobby that covers the handle and the ratchet mechanism. Quite chuffed by the effect, looks like a different car

Ha HA :D No worries.

One of the mods on my list is to replace my DIN pocket with one from a 200sx. They have a sprung door on the front, and are neater. I'm going to mount my boost controller inside mine. :)

This is the pocket, under the stereo:

pretty much a straight swap, and keeps the dash looking clutter free :)

Ha HA :D No worries.

One of the mods on my list is to replace my DIN pocket with one from a 200sx. They have a sprung door on the front, and are neater. I'm going to mount my boost controller inside mine. :)

This is the pocket, under the stereo:

pretty much a straight swap, and keeps the dash looking clutter free :)

Good thinking, looks smart! Don't like things like boost controllers on display either I think I'm going to buy a double DIN Pioneer AppRadio like in my other car, expensive but they're excellent!

http://www.alloywheelworld.co.uk/wheels/alloy-wheels-by-brand/axe-alloy-wheels/axe-cs-lite-alloy-wheels/axe-cs-lite-9-5x18-alloy-wheels-in-hypersilver.html#.VNNFdmByZoI

What do you guys think of these? Semi OEM-look, nice concave to them and seem quite light (will get 8.5j front and 9.5j rear)

Have a look on herehttp://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/wheels.html I've got a load of WedsSport wheels arriving soon and they are rather tasty!

Like the mods on the gearstick and handbrake, looks smart. Does the different gearknob take away the locking mechanism? Would want to do this mod but still want it locking ideally.

VVTi Tiptronics don't have that issue, as the shifter is a totally different design.

• 7 months later...

New thing to try out, thanks to j_jza80 for posting up about the AMG paddle shifter guide. Hoping to post up a guide too showing how to fit the Yaris wheel with audio/call controls with an aftermarket headunit (Pioneer Appradio)

So far I've needed:

- Yaris Steering wheel with paddle shifters (£50)

- Yaris audio loom (£50 breaker, checking with toyota for new price)

- Adapter ring for the indicator cancel (Custom, no price yet)

- Airbag cover - £30

Going to see about airbags too as I'd prefer to have one... but I'm not going to be paying the £300 ebay want for an airbag. Yeezus

12.jpg

image2 (3).jpg

I have the same steering wheel on the MR2, never got around to wiring up the stereo controls so would be interested in seeing how it's done :) I've already bought a Toyota/Sony headunit adapter, so just need the wiring loom from the controls to the stereo. Are you getting the adapter ring made? I'd also be interested in one if you are.

Trial & error will be the word of the day I think... I'm hoping I can get the steering control>headunit loom from Toyota, get the Pioneer adapter for steering controls. If it works like I think it does it should be plug&play.

Yeah I'm having it made by BP Manufacturing, going to get it 3d printed in plastic. Going to measure it up, send the dimensions to the engineer, get it made, he'll send it back and then hopefully I can sand/cut it to the correct dimensions. Once it's perfectly fitting/working I'll send it back and have a few more made up either in plastic or metal and see what's more suitable (I think plastic will do).

Will post up in here when I get the disks, if any other members want them they're welcome to have.