The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pessimists Track Query - Auto Owners

TuneR

Right im planning on tracking the Supra if i get the brakes sorted out, shes a BPU tiptronic TT with no LSD so should be, em, fun. Ill be monitoring the gearbox temperature with a Blitz iVit so im confident i wont kill that. The pessimist in me however wants to know what happens if the crank seal breaks/leaks oil everywhere, oil pressure light comes on and i need to turn the car off quickly. Will it be ok just turning it off with it in gear so i can coast to the side?

Worst case scenario wont hopefully happen but jic :taped:

If the oil pressure light comes on then get off the track and stop as quickly and as safely as possible.

As far as I remember as long as the car isn't in manual mode and in 1st (L) or 2nd gear then the gearbox wont "drive" the engine (engine braking) which means switching off and pulling off as quickly as you can would be the best bet.