The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello!

Guest Scotty182

Guest Scotty182

Hi all.

I'm in the process of selling my current car, looking to get my hands on a Supra now.

Always had a 'thing' for them, hoping to fulfil a dream soon enough.

Coming from a 2.2(D) Honda Civic which has been a project over the last few years.

As far as im aware, unofficially, it was the quickest (best figures) of it's model/engine in the county for a period (certainly was within the forums I use).

- Not much on what's being run in here; 200bhp/320ft'lb custom map, stage2 6paddle clutch, 3" Martelius Exhaust, uprated brakes and visual improvements.

My automotive background comes in handy that's for sure, father is a partner in an accident repair centre.

Our project is (was, I guess it's 'finished' now!) a 'classic' Subaru Impreza, track prep'ed! (entirely stripped, rollcage, fully forged 2.5L engine swap, STI 6spd 'box swap, lots of custom piping & lines etc).

Never dyno'd the track car, but she's fast (911GT3 beating fast (oulton park's our local)).

So; any advice for me on Supra's would be great, i've read varying bits of info to look out for.

- and if anyone see's a car worth buying in the 7k region (preferably TT-man; but i'd look at otherwise if decent)

I'd rather a UK spec car, is that budget unrealistic?

I dont mind tastefully modded or standard.

Edit- I'm on the company policy for insurance but this car will be on a personal policy, elephant seem the best option (24y/o) any input for this too? Thanks!

Hello and thanks!

ClassicImp1.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

Edited by Scotty182
Added pic's! (see edit history)

Guest Scotty182

Added a couple of pics ;)

And thanks for the advice, I'll be keeping a close eye out!

Has anybody had dealings with BoysToysLtd?

They seem to have a few available.

Sadly the few i've seen and really taken a shine to are just a bit more than I can spend right now.

Edited by Scotty182 (see edit history)

We're not allowed to talk about that trader on here, which should make alarm bells ring

Boys toys used to be Paul Brown Cars google that too ;)

There can't be many traders in High Wycombe that we are allowed to discuss on here :D

I'd check the policy with Elephant as it's probably for a UK spec and won't cover modifications like for like

Edited by charlton (see edit history)