The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry another what's it worth thread na-t

ballsdeep

Can't believe I'm writing this but I'm being pressured into buying a family car.. Boooring!!! so I'm looking for some guidance on value since its na-t I can't compare it to the usual cars in the classified.

Year: 1995 M

Facelift: pre-facelift

Mileage: 77k

Service history: unfortunately I have no service book, but do have a huge folder of receipts, it's regular serviced and the cam belt, water pump and new thermostat has just been done on Friday by my brother inlaws garage, everything else I have done myself including the turbo conversion.

I bought the car in 2007 and I'm the 2nd uk owner, I have the certificate of registration dated 04/07/2005 and every mot certificate to back up the mileage and every tax reminder to show its been my daily car since ownership.

Modifications:

ENGINE:

Xs power manifold modified to fit v-band wastegates wrapped in titanium heat wrap

T61 turbo, titanium blanket - 4" k&n filter

Precision wastegate pw46

Rx7 550cc injectors cleaned and flow tested with all new seals

Toyosport FMIC 3" pipe work

SSQV bov (copy)

TT FFIM modified to fit na runners, with TT iacv and tps

TT cam covers

4" down pipe

4" mid pipe with flexi section welded in

Motoria 3" exhaust

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Fuel damper bypass hose

Whifbitz oil catch can

Arp carbon fibre cooling panel

Brand new ignition leads

GEARBOX:

W58 5 speed

Fidanza flywheel

Spec stage 3 clutch

Oil was changed at the time of turbo conversion

ELECTRICAL:

Aem afr gauge

Gfb II ebc

Brand new Greedy e-manage ultimate ecu wired into patch extension

Greedy 3bar map sensor

Depo oil temp gauge

Depo oil pressure gauge

Falcon predictor evo4+ alarm with remote start

Tracking device - tracker monitor

BODY:

Facelift headlights

Facelift rear lights

J-spec bonnet with uk vent

Trd style spoiler with carbon fibre blade

Veilside skirts and spats (I have in my possession stock side pods and trim inc front and rear arch trim)

bilstein suspension

WHEELS:

Wheel mania vortex 19" alloys

Refurbished a few years ago after the lacquer flaked off so went with a hyper silver dish and black spokes but have been curbed so need re-doing.

(Work done in the last 12months)

Water pump and rear housing

Cambelt

Thermostat

Slave cylinder refurbished

Master cylinder refurbished

New o2 sensor

J-spec brakes all round refurbished and painted gold

New slotted discs all round

Fuel filter

Oil filter

5w30 fully synthetic oil

Power steering fluid

Gearbox fluid

Aux belt

Aux belt tensioner

New distributor cap and rotor arm

Bkr7s spark plugs

Turbo conversion was completed on 09/2013 and mapped by tuning developments, I then I made some changes, injectors, TT FFIM, changed the wg spring to 6psi and had Lyndon aka nodalmighty road map it, here are the results @ 7.5psi

Dyno'd 20/12/2014

Bad bits: paint work is looking its age, little dings scratches lacquer fade etc. from what I can see the only bit of rust is on both front wings my plan was to have both sides painted, so doors rear quarters and roof, iv been quoted 1k glass in or £1500 glass out.

Also the veilside skirts need to go and the wheels could do with some small repairs

More recent and Interior shots to follow tomorrow. Anything iv missed to help value the old girl let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by ballsdeep (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Well a year on and im still here but think it might be time to move on.. Prices seem to be on the up and iv made a few changes so where are we at now with NA-t prices?

I had tuning developments do some final tweaks to the map last year and it made 385bhp.

My very first dyno run

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211489[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]211490[/ATTACH]

Currently people seem to be pricing things to their own value instead of a 'going rate'

If it were me id price high and try my luck, finding a decent n/a manual for less than 5-6k is a rarity now so being a nicely spec'd na-t will help

They are becoming thin on the ground and theres quite a demand for them so no need to give it away

This is not a decision I'm taking lightly as you can see from the date on my original post but there's just niggly bits that need doing or bug me and I just can't find the time to make it the car it should be.

Problem is I have nothing to compare with, over the time of ownership iv seen 2 supras up close. its very clean underneath but up top the paintwork lets it down in places but I suppose not every supra has had a respray. Then there's the spec clutch which screeches (only when cold) apparently it's common.

Thanks il keep you in mind but right now I'm not sure what it's worth or where to go after supra ownership.. Nothing's really jumping out at me but I do like the bmw 335i and m5's but both are a little out of budget! I'm finding it hard to find a replacement.

Thanks il keep you in mind but right now I'm not sure what it's worth or where to go after supra ownership.. Nothing's really jumping out at me but I do like the bmw 335i and m5's but both are a little out of budget! I'm finding it hard to find a replacement.

You mean you're making it hard to find a replacement ;)

• 1 month later...