The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another new member!

IanT

First off HI everyone!

Great board you have here!

After 10 long years with a MKIII Supra I've finally been able to upgrade to a MKIV :)

Bought it a couple of months ago now and more than satisfied with it! Got to say it's an awesome piece of machinery.

It's a 1998 VVTI TT Tipto. Wasn't sure about the tiptronic to start with but after finding a bad connection on the Delimiter/speedo converter it's much better. Was beginning to think I should have gone for a manual, not any more!

A few pics here

The only thing I need to change is the filter! It's got one of those HKS hair net things on...

Ian T

Cheers Guys!

Yes the car is VERY clean. Almost mint. The main reason it took me 4 months to find the right car was that I was looking for a clean and tidy example. I looked at loads (mainly from dealers) and they all had problems with panel gaps and dents etc.

Nic - Will check out the stock filter route. I have the main body of the stock air box (the bit the MAF fits into), what other bits are needed?

Bens747 - Nice car dude!

eldudereno - The tipto is good. Takes a bit of getting used to. I only use the tipto when I need that extra bit of control or engine braking. It does let you shift up before redline when at WOT which is great as I hate reving cars to the redline when you don't need to. The tipto just sets the highest gear the box can select so when you stop it will reselect 1st to pull away and then change up as normal untill you get to the selected gear - then it will just rev to redline and stay there!

As far as other auto's I've driven, the only one is a Ford Galaxy and there really is no comparison...

Ian

Nice car Ian, looks like the twin to mine, (apart from the HKS filter ;)) even down to the Road Angel.

Don't you find it handles strangely with 19s one side and 17s the other :)

We all seem to go through the speed delimiter problems, I think its part of the initiation ceremony :D

I took ages to find mine, so I know what you mean about there being a few rough ones around. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it, and how much did you pay for it. PM me if you don't want to go public.

Hi Nic,

Where did you get that pic from? It's lovely and clear. I can't get pics of that quality from the EPC. Do you happen to have the same pic for the VVTi airbox?

Thanks

Looks exactly the same as my EPC version. Some of the EPC pics are clearer than others I think.

Thanks again guys,

eldudereno - you have PM.

Nic - thanks for the pictures. I'll have to dig the bag of bits out that came with the car, I'm sure all that's missing is the top cover and the black pipe. Hopfully these will be the same as the non VVTi and easier to find...

Thanks,

Ian