The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Work wheel fitment/help.

drew 007

Im going to place my cards on the table..I’ve never got all the ET/OFFSET on wheels. I’ve tried, god I’ve tried..I’ve been on many wheel/tyre calculator sites but still no joy, and now I need help!! :blink:

I’m looking at placing an order on some new work Meister s1 3p wheels, with them been works they are made to your requirements, that said I’m wanting the best setup for the Supra, as I’ve seen loads of variants fitted to the Supra.

Im not wanting to run any spacers and I’m not really wanting much if any arch work done. (Can a 10.5j rear wheel go on with no arch work?)

I’m wanting a flush looking setup with no rubbing, but with the biggest dish. I’m not a fan of wheels/tyres that stick out of the arches so will need help/info on the best tyre combo for whatever size wheels I decide to go for. I’m also not a big fan of the stretched tyre look.

I’m looking at..Front 18x8.5j Rear 18x10.5j et unsure? this is where the help is needed. What would be the best ET/OFFSET for the above size wheels please guys. Or would you recommend different sizes?

I’m still all standard suspension and as said would rather not do any arch work to get them to fit. I’ve got UK brakes so will i need the maximum brake clearance option? - Can anybody advise what clearance the UK brakes require? As I’m not 100% sure on the Ldisk Rdisk Odisk deep rim big calliper options.

I’m looking to get everything sorted before I place the order as I would kick myself if when they turn up they don’t fit. :(

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Kind regards.

The trouble is i don't know the spec. :)

9" front and 10" rear are probably the most common (and best IMO) widths for aftermarket wheels on a stock bodied Supra, +35 offset front and rear will sit just about flush with the stock wheel arches.

If you want 8.5" fronts, to give the same outer wheel position you would need an offset of +29, with 10.5" rears then you would need an offset of +41

Work wheels in Japan will know what widths, offsets and disk wheels will clear the larger Supra brakes, as I say I would go with what they recommend.

Will XXR 531 18x8.5 Hyper Silver 5-100/5-114.3 [+35mm] on the front and XXR 531 18x9.5 Hyper Silver 5-100/5-114.3 [+35mm] on the back fit nicely with no arch roll and uk bigger brakes?

Dont worry this had been answered

Edited by Hitbox Junkie
I posted and it had been answered already. Sorry. (see edit history)

9" front and 10" rear are probably the most common (and best IMO) widths for aftermarket wheels on a stock bodied Supra, +35 offset front and rear will sit just about flush with the stock wheel arches.

If you want 8.5" fronts, to give the same outer wheel position you would need an offset of +29, with 10.5" rears then you would need an offset of +41

Work wheels in Japan will know what widths, offsets and disk wheels will clear the larger Supra brakes, as I say I would go with what they recommend.

Hi Nic, thanks for the info buddy really appreciated, top man. Il see about placing my order with them sizes. :-)

What tyre sizes would you pick with these size wheels please Nic? Sorry buddy.

There quite a stretch on the rear tyres though, and he also mentioned he has 20mm spacers on, perhaps allround.

Yer. what would you suggest ric? For tyre dimensions and wheel dimensions i dont really want the stretch look. I dont mind if the arches are rolled i just dont want to get new wheels and then they not fit or get swollowed up on the arches :(

If you roll the arches then you will be fine.

I'd say you'd want as close to a 24-25 offset on a 9.5 rim to be flush on the rear you might struggle with a 265 tyre but a 255 would be fine.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ gives a great visual representation of the difference between your current wheels to a new one.

Simply measure the car to see how much space you have.