The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who will keep their car

liam1

talking last to my wife and she says will you ever consider selling your supra owned it for 11 years now only owner since it was imported, after a bit of thought i dont think i will, despite it being a n/a its low mileage got a lot of decent parts fitted to it and i have a lot of new bits yet to go on(new alloys, oem mats, headunit to name a few) i do very low miles per year in it, its stored in a garage now when not in use, so after chatting to my wife i thought about what i would like to do to make it as perfect as i would like it, would like oem recaro's, uk spec brakes, and tidy up the paintwork in a couple of places. so i can see me keeping this for many more years to come.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see me selling mine in the near future at all. Mine is n/a and love the way she drives and feel I get. Plus have big plans for her. I spent over 20k on my rs turbo and have regretted selling that ever since I did. If worst happened and couldn't afford supra would just store her in dads garage for year or so till got back on my feet.

Only way I could see myself selling mine is to make way for something else Jap'.

Nothing massively appealing just now but something may fall into the price bracket in years to come. I've got too many plans for my car so looking forward to keeping and enjoying it for the next few years to come at least :cool:

I promised myself the day I bought mine after wanting one for years that I'll have it till the day I die (or one of my kids will have it when the time comes (if I ever have kids!))

I've also always fancied an r33 gtr skyline so I think I'm going to try my ass off to save for a skyline, then the supra and skyline will both be garaged and i'll have a cheap runaround :)

That's my plan!!

I dont see myself selling mine unless I hit either extreme financially. If needs must I would sell, as family and life first, but equally If I came into allot of money I would build another although i would probabl still keep my current one too.

Realistically I don't see mine going anywhere, Mine is just an NA but I have spent the price of two fresh import TT6's on it over the years and is how I want it. Plus knowing the car inside and out is a nice feeling. Would make much financial scene unless I have no choice.

Mine nearly went piece by piece. Then I had a change of Heart and it all went stupid with V8's and what not. I'm having to buy back some of the bits I sold , Climate control , bits of interior trim etc.

Don't both selling your Supra, you'll only buy another once you go all soft on what ever fad made you sell it in the first place.

I don't think I'd ever sell mine. I like to think I'd pass it on to my children who at which point, if they wanted to, could sell it for a lot of money and use it for education, or a new car or whatever, or just keep it as their own classical car. Who knows how much a clean TT6 could be worth in 50+ years.

I would never say never, I got really close to selling a couple of times last year, even had one high offer, but Jen stopped me selling it

At this stage, I am like a lot of others and can't really think of anything to replace it

Again the amount I have put into it, I could never do again

Also the fact I have a one off Supra is what I love

The only real problem I have is I don't have a Garage, so she has to sit on the drive

I would love to have a decent dry Garage to keep the Supra in, as it only gets driven about 2000 miles a year and a lot of that is Dragonball miles

I've stuck with Supra's but have been a serial changer....it's now getting to the point where I either bite the bullet and pay for a mint keeper or just rejuvenate/look after the ones I've got.

Prices have definitely stabilised or slightly increased the last couple of years and with supply now low the good (non fresh import) ones are hard to find, and even these will almost certainly need work. I Love the cars but don't think many for sale these days represent good value for money.