The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lurker-> newbie with "barnfind!"

Guest Blackheart

Guest Blackheart

Hi folks, been a lurker on here for some time since my brother was lucky enough to own an MSB TT 6 speed which was in rather beautiful condition! He later sold it and regretted it since :( I've had a lot of cars over the years, german and Japanese performance ones and recently built up this :

But once I'd finished it I was frankly disappointed in it then a friend called and said he had acquired a TT supra which had sat up for a year or two but was all there, I wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be better than expected! I did a deal with him swapping the s15 for the supra and another vehicle (which turned out to be not a good car and is costing a lot to put right before I can sell it, so thanks very much so called friend!)

Anyway, the supra thankfully was a good car and turns out to be a GZ model with

Leather interior and headlining, black carpet, LSD, folding wing mirrors, footwell illumination, wooden style dash fascia, speaker tube setup in boot, twin airbags,pure sport mats plus the usual GZ spec.

This is pretty much how I got it before cleaning even though I did out my brothers old wheels on as it had 19" trd rims on which really aren't my style!

Guest Blackheart

Hi Rich, well initial plans are an mot and a thorough service and going over. More long term I'm thinking of a respray in a darker metallic grey (the paint is ok-ish on the car but would benefit from a respray anyway), a change of wheels along Motorsport/forged lines and the BPU. I'm not after big power, just a nice useable car and to be honest right now even it runs like a Swiss watch as you would expect, not a squeak or rattle anywhere.

Hi Rich, well initial plans are an mot and a thorough service and going over. More long term I'm thinking of a respray in a darker metallic grey (the paint is ok-ish on the car but would benefit from a respray anyway), a change of wheels along Motorsport/forged lines and the BPU. I'm not after big power, just a nice useable car and to be honest right now even it runs like a Swiss watch as you would expect, not a squeak or rattle anywhere.

Sounds excellent.

I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!

Guest Blackheart

Interior and mechanically the car seems pretty much perfect and the body is rust free, has also been waxoyled underneath before which hopefully has preserved it there too so just the paintwork being a bit below par. There was also a good chunk of receipts/service history which is good and apparently came from a well heeled family so at least wasn't skimped on with servicing etc.

I'm located in Northern Ireland btw :)