The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible club attendance for Supras In Vegas 2015

Sukhy

Any chance of a club attendance to this as I think it will make a great trip out to show support overseas?

It will be there 5 year anniversary for this and is from 8th Oct to 11th Oct of course in Vegas.

I know there are elements of a scenic drive and racing so will need to consider how this will be handled but in all it includes BBQ, Race event, Show and shine, Dyno etc over the 4 days out there.

Details can be found here: -

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?869218-Supra-in-Vegas-2015-OCT.-8-11-MAIN-EVENT-PAGE

I know Dragonball v2 will be in the latter part of the year to so it may be a stretch. Possibly something to consider for next year.

How much? :)

When I was looking into competing at the Bahamas Speed Week it was coming back at around £6k per entry with six single-seaters. I know that's quite different to what we're talking about here, but it gives you an idea of scale. The more, the cheaper, etc. Obviously race cars are easier to transport than road-going Supras, though.

When I was looking into competing at the Bahamas Speed Week it was coming back at around £6k per entry with six single-seaters. I know that's quite different to what we're talking about here, but it gives you an idea of scale. The more, the cheaper, etc. Obviously race cars are easier to transport than road-going Supras, though.

works out cheap then if you go 4 up in the car lol .

6k on a 4 day event though bit too rich for me .

It was a bit of a blow out last time wasn't it? nowhere near the amount of people they expected turned up?

I think lasts years was all a bit last minute, and they had issues with different events going on at the same time, so hard for people to see everything.

I've only read briefly about the plans for this year, but they are trying hard to get this year right and make this the biggest supra event to go to. They have some pretty big names backing them already, so hopefully they manage it. Would love to attend it either way, some proper nice cars there

May find a woman next time, be positive..!!

:D

I was out in Vegas last year when the event happened, unfortunately due to work commitments I couldn't attend but heard it wasn't too bad a turnout. Some folks drove over 1,000 miles to attend the event! Now I don't mind driving but to do that sort of distance over a weekend is a lot! Good job fuel is only 35p a litre.

Not sure I'll be able to attend this year, will have to see how things go.

I think if I was going to the hassle and expense of shipping the Supe over to the States for an event, I'd consider taking a career break (again) and staying there for a year and doing as many events / sightseeing / travelling / drinking etc as possible.

Would make for a good story to tell the grandkids...

I attended this in 2008, made a trip out to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Drag strip. Great turnout of cars and very hot luckily, I would enjoy doing this again. Wife wouldn't though, so will have to be a boys only trip and I couldn't justify shipping the car over.

What happens in Vegas :)

We don't have to go down the 'car shipping' route.

I was thinking a bunch of us just pop over and possibly rent a big RV and drive around with the Supra to certain spots to experience the whole of SIV 2015.

Would be good to get packaged deal for flights/accommodation etc so all we would need after that is just money to spend.