The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rust!! ARGHHHH

JordanC

Hello!

So I bought my 94 TT jspec back in August which had some cosmetic damage to the passenger side where it was hit by a motocross bike (prior to my purchase)

Basically looks like the front of the bike when straight into the side, scratching the skirt and denting the rear quarter (just above the arch)

I've noticed (with all the wet weather) that the scratch has started to rust. Would it be better to try and replace the skirt as I was looking at OEM skirts anyway? Or do the OEM skirts just kinda slide over the existing skirt?

I fear that the rust might be a bit more spread as the plastic lining on the underside of the skirt isn't quite flush and it looks as if water could be held in there.

I'll try and get a picture after work as I don't have the supe with me today.

There's also a small amount on the rim of rear wheel arch where the paint has flaked off, I'm assuming this is also as a result of the collision.

Bodyshop job?? HELP!!

The stock skirts are made of plastic.

I think your question would be much easier to answer, if you put pictures up, of what you mean

Yeah I'll get a picture up of the damage later for people to get a good look at, just a bit confused as to what would be coming through as a rust patch if they are plastic? Unless its previously been filled?

I'm fairly sure they are just plastic, you can get reproduction ones fairly cheaply or just buy a replacement from someone on here. I remember seeing the advert for this car when it was for sale, it's a nice car so worth getting a proper job done. Dent's can usually be pulled out by any decent body shop but get a pic up of the damage so others can chip in.

I'm fairly sure they are just plastic, you can get reproduction ones fairly cheaply or just buy a replacement from someone on here. I remember seeing the advert for this car when it was for sale, it's a nice car so worth getting a proper job done. Dent's can usually be pulled out by any decent body shop but get a pic up of the damage so others can chip in.

Thanks.

It's not so much the dent that worries me, just don't want to find out I've bought a rotter otherwise i'll have to go down the shell swap route!

There's a place that does classic restorations not far from me and some of their work looks really good, might just take it in to them and let them get on with it!

http://www.njrestorations.co.uk/