The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One happy Supra owner (UK TT Auto)

Supra2jze

Where do I start, It was a dream to drive, the smile on my face never seemed to die right from the off - South Essex all the way up to Manchester! Never thought the ‘Auto’ would be as fun as it was (Just goes to show how judgemental I was on Autos) and yes ideally I would have preferred a UK Manual but I’m happy as larry with this one.

The car will need paintwork, so a bit of TLC will be needed to finish this car off. I must admit it, I was worried to start off with…,the car having stood around and not been driven a lot in the past couple of years along with (relatively) high mileage may result in a few iffy moments. However, this was not the case and I can honestly say it was an awesome drive.

The fact that there was no music to listen to (No CD head-unit player in the car) had left my Dad with a confused face (4hr 30 min drive up North with no music :rlol:) But the Turbos whistling away more than made up for it!

This Supra was bought off ‘Angry_Birds’ I must admit I can’t thank her enough for how honest and helpful she was throughout the process, so a big thanks to Jenny

Finally I have a Supra I’ve always dreamt of owning as a kid.

2015-01-22 15.13.51.jpg

2015-01-22 17.24.55.jpg

2015-01-22 17.25.15.jpg

2015-01-24 14.02.35.jpg

2015-01-24 20.37.42.jpg

welcome matey where abouts in manchester am i likely to see it around :)

Hi there, based in South Manchester so expect to see it in the Didsbury area of Manchester. I don't see many myself..., last time I saw a Supra was a black one on Deansgate locks

(tends to be a regular show-up). Seen a white one many years ago but not many - They could be hiding lol. Thanks mate

Yeah the Auto TT was also much nicer to drive than I expected. 3 years and counting I've owned my UK TT Auto now :)

May you have it for many years to come :)

welcome to the club how long have you had this ? im sure ive seen it around, where are you based ?

Cheers

-Ian-

LOL I've only had it since Thursday! But thanks Ian...Must be another one in the North West :)

The autobox has came along way especially with all the upgrades available, Its the best all rounder, can't say I would like to drive a manual as a daily where as I would quiet happily drive a auto every day.

The autobox has came along way especially with all the upgrades available, Its the best all rounder, can't say I would like to drive a manual as a daily where as I would quiet happily drive a auto every day.

The Tiptronic vvti cars, especially when converted to paddshift, really are the ultimate all rounder imo. I'm so pleased with it that I doubt I will go 6 speed as I had originally intended.

Congratulations :)

The auto vs manual debate still rages on, but both transmissions are brilliant in their own ways :)

My first Supra was a BPU UK auto, and kickdown in these is a brilliant experience :)

:thanks: I know where your coming from. And yes I did enjoy the kickdowns too:Pling:

Everyone is judgemental about autos, don't worry about it lol.

:D

Tbh It did cross my mind on the motorway journey back home (Yes Autos are better for Highways) but it actually felt fun and yeah I agree with you as an all rounder defo an Auto.

A Manual in the future maybe..

Welcome to the club and nice supra you have there :)

Thanks mate :)

:welcome:

:thanks:

Hi there, based in South Manchester so expect to see it in the Didsbury area of Manchester. I don't see many myself..., last time I saw a Supra was a black one on Deansgate locks

(tends to be a regular show-up). Seen a white one many years ago but not many - They could be hiding lol. Thanks mate

May you have it for many years to come :)

LOL I've only had it since Thursday! But thanks Ian...Must be another one in the North West :)

The deansgate black supra belongs to a member who is a club photographer, there are 2 of them. Harry and Viran.

Congratulations, once you have given it some TLC and a good service with some good fluids you'll grow to love it, is it BPUed yet? if not you have even more surprises to come. Oh! by the way if you look to the left of the Auto changer you will see a button called manu, if you press this it will enable you to use 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears manually using the Auto changer, which gives you more control over when you change gear.

Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the UK auto club dude. :) Looks like a nice car you've picked up.

I was also surprised at how good the auto box is. 1.3 bar of boost kickdown certainly gets your attention. :D

1.8 bar on kick down commands a bit of respect as well.lol

Congratulations on the new Supra, and welcome to the club! :thumbs:

Reminds me of the smile I had driving off in my newly purchased UK Spec, my grin was only matched by the ex owners sadness as I drove away :)

Thanks! :) I thing 'Angry_Birds' will be even angrier (Previous owner) :badidea:

Congratulations, once you have given it some TLC and a good service with some good fluids you'll grow to love it, is it BPUed yet? if not you have even more surprises to come. Oh! by the way if you look to the left of the Auto changer you will see a button called manu, if you press this it will enable you to use 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears manually using the Auto changer, which gives you more control over when you change gear.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks! Tbh I was actually wondering what that little button was for...Now I know thanks for that & no it's not BPUed yet! And I just wonder how much more fun it will be:Pling: (Which again took me by surprise by the thrill of a Stock TT)

Cheers mate :)

Welcome to the UK auto club dude. :) Looks like a nice car you've picked up.

I was also surprised at how good the auto box is. 1.3 bar of boost kickdown certainly gets your attention. :D

Cheers mate :) Car was owned for 10 years by it's previous keeper (lady owner) with Full service history, but was not driven much so as stated a bit of TLC & Paintwork is needed but yeah was defo worth the trip down South.

Check/replace all Fluids and geometry check is what i'd do first unless these have been done recently

Thanks mate, will do :thumbs: