The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water pump leaking

ballsdeep

Supra had to be rescued by my mates bmw on Friday night :( he will never let me forget it!!

Iv had a look today and it's coming out of the little bleed pipe on the water pump, does this mean it's nackared or is something else the cause? Iv read there's a core plug near by could this be at fault?? squeezing the lower rad hose makes it trickle out of the pipe.

Blueprint do a replacement pump. If you are lucky, a decent motor factors doing that particular range may have it in stock or if not would probably have it for you next working day if you enquired before lunchtime.

Can't see how Toyota could take that long to get one though, aren't the same pumps in the GS300 and probably a few more models besides.

My 1JZ came with a shagged water pump fitted & a second hand unit as a replacement. I installed the engine with the bad pump simply to see if the engine was otherwise solid. Once satisfied it wasn't for the skip I clamped the spare pump standing on its nose in a vice, I filled the housing with hot coolant, then left it overnight to see if there was any coolant leaking by the shaft seals the next morning. Nothing leaked, the used pump was lorried onto the engine and has been there ever since (2011).

As above, don't waste your time with a second hand one especially when TCB are selling new OEM items for £63.69 + Vat each

I would probably pay the extra though and get one with the rear housing as one complete assembly as the core plug at the back of the NA water pump housings has been known to fail.

As above, don't waste your time with a second hand one especially when TCB are selling new OEM items for £63.69 + Vat each

I would probably pay the extra though and get one with the rear housing as one complete assembly as the core plug at the back of the NA water pump housings has been known to fail.

On tcb website they list the same part number for 2jzgte and 2jzge so am I right in thinking it's just the rear housing that differs. Anyone have anymore links to where I can get one complete inc rear housing.

The actual pump body bolt pattern is different, N/A versus TT. The backing plate, which *sometimes* come with a new pump, but often do not, is also quite different, N/A versus TT. I have frequently had customers bring pattern pumps for a TT, let's say, and find they are really for an N/A, and vice versa. Bit of a minefield.

So my usual grease monkey (brother inlaw) was too busy to fit me in so his mate is doing the work, :blink: right off the bat he orders the wrong pump :spank: now he's ordered a blueprint part which is fine but is more $$$ and I'm unsure if the rear housing is included now I know from a previous thread rich.221 has used this part before so I'm just wondering what you paid??

Also apparently he's been moaning that the rear housing might be bonded on but I'm thinking he's maybe left bolts in. Anyone have a diagram I can't find one. I'd tell him to leave it but I really want the core plug changing for peace of mind!