The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a particular red (or other suggestions!)

jaw

Hey guys

I've decided to go full out on the build and have a full respray or wrap done. I was going to go BMW Carbon black but I thought why not be a bit more adventurous and unique..

In my head I have a really metallic/candy red that sparkles in the light. I don't know where I've seen it before, with carbon ''f1 style'' small mirrors, a carbon wing, valances etc. I can picture it so well in my head but can't find an example of the colour I'm thinking even on a similar or different car, so am opening it up to the more learned.

The best colour I can match it to -is if anyone has a pair of Dr Dre Beats? The colour of the metal jack tha tplugs into your device. Like that but slightly more depth/reflection to it, slightly darker?

Any suggestions?? Thinking it would look great with some white Zelda's (or terrible. things always look better in my head :lol:)

edit

SORT of like this

but a bit darker perhaps - that looks a bit toooo.. plasticy? possibly just the lighting/bodykit/mirrors/wheel combo..

Edited by jaw (see edit history)

Yep, that's HOC apple candy red, but you can change the shade by changing the base coat to make it darker or richer.

If you want a metallic finish you can add their finest grade of flake to the first coat of clear. The option are endless.

Give them a call, they are very helpfull.