The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bride Rails and Recaro Sporters

Jellybean

Hey

I am having issues mounting the seats to the rails, if I tighten the rail to the seat , the slider wont work as it is slight putting the rial out of alignment

Any idea's?

I got the Mo rails , difference between these and the Ro rails is you get an extra piece of hardware you can use (two plates)

I cannot use these mounting plates either as the rear of the seat will seat on top of the plate not flush , due to the seats base design , and the front of the seat has no mounting holes to coincide with the plates mounting points, they are not an option

Pics are coming

Just seen this

http://www.driftmotion.com/product-p/dm2935.htm

This seat spacer is 1/4 inch thick aluminum powder coated black, and is the length and width of the Recaro Non-tabbed slider. The spacer also includes predrilled slots so putting them between the slider and the seat bracket is a sinch with some longer hardware. We created these spacers to solve an issue with the Recaro Sportster CS, Style, Sport, or Trend seats where the bottom of the seat hangs down lower then the sliders so can contact the bracket. Raising them 1/4 inch solves the issue.

The spacers are also ideal for raising any seat that sits lower then desired and can be used with other major brands of sliders like Sparco & OMP. They can also be used without sliders although in some cases drilling additional holes may be required.

Hi mate, I had the same issue but different Recaro seats, if you look at the hand rail it angles one way (supposed to be down), mine were the wrong way, if you remove it, flip it over the other way then it points down and works fine! took me ages to figure it out

It may be this issue or maybe not but worth a checking!

Edited by MATT RR (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas

Blimey, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you happy with that? looks like a bodge job to me. I certainly wouldn't be happy.

Blimey, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you happy with that? looks like a bodge job to me. I certainly wouldn't be happy.

I am not happy , but no other way to attach the seats to the rails , few guys in the US have the seats and this is how you do it

Its safe and you wont see it