The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New driver!

Guest David_Baker

Guest David_Baker

Hi peoples.

New to Supra world having owned a Jeep wrangler for the last 4 and a driven a Mitsubishi Outlander as a work vehicle for last 5. Lost my job and company car end of last year and now still looking for full time work.

Been riding my motorbike for daily transport as the missus drives the Jeep but was finding the sub tropical summer climate down here (Queensland, Australia) just too hard on a bike (sunny in the morning flooding rain in the afternoon).

So asvertised the bike and my brother in law calls me and says don't sell it I have a spare car registered up your way you can borrow for a while.

Picked up his 93 MKIV NA Supra yesterday 😆

First thought that came to mind was that I have driven go carts with less direct steering and softer suspension! Very appreciative for the loan but it appears to have been neglected the poor thing. Only static on the radio, interior filthy, exterior filthy, big dents on the rear quarter where a drunk driver hit it (suspension all fixed up but not bodywork) and when I stuck the boot into it the MIL came on and stayed on and I lost over drive! The OD light also constantly flashing but will look into those today.

First thing today though will be a thorough cleanup!

Guest David_Baker

Just driving and general cleanup. Spent 2 hours this morning washing it then another 2 hours on the interior. I swear there was more dirt and grass inside than on my lawns! I dont think its been washed for a few years and I doubt the interior has ever been cleaned. In a very sad state. Will fix up a few dodgey bits as I go as I like to return things in better condition than when borrowed.

So far a good wash and a quick polish.

Will see if I can polish a bit of the yellow out of the headlights next! Then needs new wipers as it rains a lot here and an oil change though that looks like fun!