The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The 0-60 question....

ShawnPreece

Iv lost count of the amount of times that someone has come up to me and asked "what would the 0-60 be on that car" and my response is always "somewhere in the 4's I have no idea really"

I know there are way too many variables such as tyres, conditions and setups to give an accurate answer and there are plenty of quarter mile figures on here but just wondering your thoughts on really rough ball park figures for 0-60's on BPU'd supra's, small single turbo supra's (500-600bhp) and bigger single turbo supra's (700-800bhp) all with the average modifications to suit the power they are producing. Or if anyone has stats for there car plus spec on it :)

I no its the top end acceleration thats affected the most as most of the problem is getting traction but where as a standard TT starts at around the 5 second mark just wondering how much quicker to 60 you think most of the jumps in tuning makes :)

I'm also sort of intrested in this ,

I would want to know how can we get a better 0-60 time as supras as a hole seem slow off the mark

Would be more down grip, so suspension, wheel and tyre choice. Once you have the optimal mechanical grip you could then look at aided tools like launch control coupled with traction control, this works really well on Syvecs equipped cars :D

And lots and lots of practice :D

Sad I know, but me and a friend took the liberty a while back to get an ACTUAL 0-60 reading for my car (back then it was a totally stock TT6, only real upgrades being alloys and suspension) and the best I managed to get was 4.7 seconds on a dry, tarmac surface. I think, as other people say, the hardest part is finding traction :search:

Where did you go for this? id be interested in having a few goes too :)

Sad I know, but me and a friend took the liberty a while back to get an ACTUAL 0-60 reading for my car (back then it was a totally stock TT6, only real upgrades being alloys and suspension) and the best I managed to get was 4.7 seconds on a dry, tarmac surface. I think, as other people say, the hardest part is finding traction :search:

Where did you go for this? id be interested in having a few goes too :)

Well, it wasn't exactly official... ;)

It's really easy to do, you just need a mate. Get them to count you down from 3 and hit the gas as soon as they say go (make sure they're sitting in the back so they can see the speedo head-on) and then as soon as you get to 60 they stop the stop-watch and you have your time :) gotta do it a few times though so that you can get the mean :thumbs:

Well, it wasn't exactly official... ;)

It's really easy to do, you just need a mate. Get them to count you down from 3 and hit the gas as soon as they say go (make sure they're sitting in the back so they can see the speedo head-on) and then as soon as you get to 60 they stop the stop-watch and you have your time :) gotta do it a few times though so that you can get the mean :thumbs:

ahh I see thought you ment you had been somewhere for it lol, good plan though I think thats worth a go :)

I've tried it one or two times and did 4,1s to 100km/h(62mph) on a slightly sandy road. With more launch-/traction control setup and better conditions 3,Xs would be achievable with summer tires. :)

4.1 is a good time mate nice one :) also just looked at the pics of your supra in the "view my supra" section... very nice and I want to use the same car wash as you ;) lol

I had mine measured at Trax some years back.

4.92 seconds for a BPU auto running around 1 bar.

With a boost controller it would of probably been quicker still. On a side note Ben Collins could only manage it in 5 something seconds in a Ferrari on the same day :D

haha love watching Supra's beat supercars :) nice one

I downloaded the TRC (That Racing Channel) App on iPhone. Now its never going to be the best in the world but will record your times via GPS over a set distance. You'll either need a quiet straight bit of road or access to a strip/track.

They are extremely inaccurate your phones GPS doesn't update instantly. You will have a more accurate time with a stop watch then the apps