The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

Hi all! So this day has finally come for me to write this thread :D

Now that I have the time and money, me and my brother are gonna be building up my 2001 Toyota Supra TT6 with an almost new HKS GT2835 twin turbo kit which you may have seen floating around the "for sale" section. Thanks to James for the purchase ;)

The car is a white J-Spec 2001 Toyota Supra TT6 VVTi with just over 50k miles on the clock. The car was practically stock when I bought it, with the only changes being cosmetic. It's shared between me and my brother, but I drive it most of the year since he works in Brighton.

So here's the bought/to buy list in full:

HKS GT2835 twin turbo with .61 A/R exhaust housings

HKS wastegates

HKS manifolds

Stainless steel downpipes made by James

Laser cut flanges

HKS gaskets

AN4 oil lines

AN10 oil drains

AN6 water lines

+ all the various other bits

[pictures pulled from James' for sale thread]

Fuel rail fitting kit

Fuel pulsation dampener hose

Walbro 450lph fuel pump

Braided fuel lines

535 FPR

Spec clutch stage 2+

Syvecs S6 ECU

Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust

Double TI decat pipes

Whifbitz 4" FMIC

AEM AFR gauge

Oil temp sensor

Oil pressure sensor

ARP head studs

Top Secret front bumper

Top Secret side skirts

OEM rear bumper

Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser replica

LED tail lights

TRD half-carbon spoiler

I'm 100% I've missed some things so will add them as I go along :) I plan to have the kit built by Paul at Whifbitz due to the countless positive reviews of his, plus his prices are very competitive! :thumbs:

This thread will be updated as and when I get round to doing work (I have to fit in my college and job with time spent on the car) so keep a close eye out guys ;)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This morning my baby arrived :)

I was looking around to get the pillars sprayed, but couldn't find many places plus the quotes were silly. So I bumped up my ego and decided to do it myself :D

First I cleaned it, sanded it down with some 400 grit wet & dry, dried it, then started to layer on white-prepped primer. First and second coat:

Good ol' Halfrauds rattle cans :D

Then the first layer of paint

2 hours later and another coat later

Already coming along very nice considering his cold it is in my shed! Will put the final coat on soon then give it some lacquer in the morning :p

And a cheeky picture of the carbon fibre blade ;)

Good luck with the project.

Have you ever driven or been in a HKS twin car? Im surprised Paul didn't try and talk you into a single kit.

Nope :) why, something I should know about?

There are some outstanding single turbo's out there, but we decided to keep it twin :thumbs:

That is TASTY bro! I'm loving those black spoiler pillars... If the white doesn't come out pristine on mine I may have to spray it black after seeing that photo! :thumbs:

There are some outstanding single turbo's out there, but we decided to keep it twin :thumbs:

It's just they are not very nice to drive, very laggy. They make next to no boost in the lower gears.

I'm not trying to have a dig, it's just you are going to spend a lot of money here, it surprises me people still consider fitting old kits like this. do your research and ask advice before you jump in on anything else is my advice.

It's just they are not very nice to drive, very laggy. They make next to no boost in the lower gears.

I'm not trying to have a dig, it's just you are going to spend a lot of money here, it surprises me people still consider fitting old kits like this. do your research and ask advice before you jump in on anything else is my advice.

If that be true and we want to go more modern single, then we could always sell up for cash or swap with cash one way, but I don't think that will be the case :thumbs:

The first layer of lacquer is on, hopefully will get round to polishing it tomorrow! :D

An update in terms of the build; the car should be going into Whifbitz next week, so we've aimed for the car to be mostly finished within the first week of February (just in time for my missus' birthday) which leaves a good few months of fabricating/tuning until the summer :)

You need to drive one, even with excellent mapping they are as laggy as hell. Plus the manifolds were a PITA for cracking, and I doubt you can buy new ones, you'd have to have one fabricated. £££££'s Welding up carbon contaminated cracks in stainless is usually a disaster.

You need to drive one, even with excellent mapping they are as laggy as hell. Plus the manifolds were a PITA for cracking, and I doubt you can buy new ones, you'd have to have one fabricated. £££££'s Welding up carbon contaminated cracks in stainless is usually a disaster.

The manifolds and pipes all have flexiparts to them to help prevent this :) as for the lag, the smaller .61 A/R exhaust housings should hopefully prevent this. I've spoken to two people so far who have the 2835's, one running at 500bhp who claims there is very little lag, the other running 800bhp+ and also claims there is little lag. We'll see :D

Plus the manifolds were a PITA for cracking, and I doubt you can buy new ones, you'd have to have one fabricated. £££££'s Welding up carbon contaminated cracks in stainless is usually a disaster.

It would be worth the OP looking into some bracing for this setup. I can never understand why people overlook such a basic and inexpensive aspect of turbo conversions.

Plus the manifolds were a PITA for cracking, and I doubt you can buy new ones, you'd have to have one fabricated. £££££'s Welding up carbon contaminated cracks in stainless is usually a disaster.

It would be worth the OP looking into some bracing for this setup. I can never understand why people overlook such a basic and inexpensive aspect of turbo conversions.

What exactly do you mean by bracing? As in ensuring that everything is 100% secured, or something totally different? :)