The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra in London

Mike2JZ

Well, ignoring the fact that the guy can't drive for sh*t, there is some seriously retarded driving there while the roads still have traffic and pedestrians.

It's the number of chavs with Supras in the UK these days that really makes me almost ashamed to own a Supra.

It's the number of chavs with Supras in the UK these days that really makes me almost ashamed to own a Supra.

When I take my Corrado VR6 out, I get stopped by people all the time. Often petrol heads, but usually middle aged to elderly people, who reminisce about having always wanted one, the 'one that got away' if you will. Similar story with my old MK1 Golf GTi.

The Supra on the other hand mainly gets attention from Chavs and young kids. It is usually attention I don't want. It is such a shame, because in turbo form they are truly great cars, and deserve a great reputation.

* Puts Hand up *

The silver one is mine, I happily admit it was stupid and chavy and my only excuse is i got wrapped up in the moment. The rest of the night was not like this though.

It's more the idiot in the black one with a chav tastic flamer kit that actually nearly hits another car on several occasions, looks like he mounts a curb whilst losing it and just keeps revving it when it actually doesn't even sound that good imo.

When I take my Corrado VR6 out, I get stopped by people all the time. Often petrol heads, but usually middle aged to elderly people, who reminisce about having always wanted one, the 'one that got away' if you will. Similar story with my old MK1 Golf GTi.

The Supra on the other hand mainly gets attention from Chavs and young kids. It is usually attention I don't want. It is such a shame, because in turbo form they are truly great cars, and deserve a great reputation.

Exactly the same for me, take the 944 out and everyone really appreciates it, if I take the Supra out........not so much

I'm considering going to the Pistonheads Sunday Service in Doncaster later in the Month. If I do, it will probably be the Corrado that I take. Which is a shame, because all things considered, the Supra is a better car.

It doesn't really help that I'm yearning for a Z3M Coupe at the moment either :D

What is it with all the done up cars driving like this around London it's such a high built up area anyone could walk out , the old bill must be really lax up there where I live its a small ish town and old bill around or not with the CC/cctv around the town they will do you for it.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

What an effing muppet!!!!Built up area, busy streets, pedestrians etc. There is no way he knew the level crossing was clear when a double decker was blocking his view! Plus all the other stupid antics.

It's no wonder the police and government are against genuine car enthusiasts when idiots like that spoil it for the rest of us.

I bet he wouldn't be going on how cool he was if he lost control and killed a mother and child, or anybody!

I actually had a really good night and that burnout was sick :D people need to lighten up and not get so worked up about what other people get upto in their cars. So what? They did a fewawesome burnouts and if they got nicked then it's their problem not anyone else's...

Least they are actually using thier supras for it was built for. Would be pointless to build a 600bhp car then drive it like a granny...

Bring on the hate.

Oh and lucky no one caught my driving in video :p

Edited by tkddav3 (see edit history)

I actually had a really good night and that burnout was sick :D people need to lighten up and not get so worked up about what other people get upto in their cars. So what? They did a fewawesome burnouts and if they got nicked then it's their problem not anyone else's...

Least they are actually using thier supras for it was built for. Would be pointless to build a 600bhp car then drive it like a granny...

Bring on the hate.

This is true burn outs fair doos bit mad in such close road but you take it in your own hands but the nearly crashing bit was just showing off I'm all for a good burnout evan though my last one was a bit of a fail

But I think people need to worry about what there doing and let people get on with what they want to do.

Looks like a good night and would love to go to the next one

Bring on the hate.

Please tell me you are joking! Do you really think us with TTs/Singles actually go everywhere at 30mph? The point is there is a time and place, of which, central London at a busy time, is certainly not one of them, plus I'd like to think most of us can actually drive, which unfortunatley, the tool in the black car obviously can't (judging by the fact he actually nearly takes out a car twice and possibly mounts a kurb).

Granted, for a single, his car does appear to be pretty slow, so we can be thankful it's not an overly powerful one he's trying to drive, but I think he should go buy a 1.2 Fiesta in my opinion.

Would you be finding it quite so funny if he had lost it and hit your car or a pedestrian (which judging by his driving abilities, there was a 50/50 chance).