The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ccw wheels

Supraleeturbo

Beware, a customer bought some of these at vast expense and the things came with the wrong sized spigot holes and CCW told him they would need adaptor rings. This is NOT something you should accept or expect with expensive rims, the centres should be machined to be a direct and perfect fit on the recipient vehicle's hub snouts. The might have looked beautiful, and they did, but basically they didn't fit...

Beware, a customer bought some of these at vast expense and the things came with the wrong sized spigot holes and CCW told him they would need adaptor rings. This is NOT something you should accept or expect with expensive rims, the centres should be machined to be a direct and perfect fit on the recipient vehicle's hub snouts. The might have looked beautiful, and they did, but basically they didn't fit...

gutted thanks for the advice

@CW - whist you're right, it seems impossible to get mass manufacturers to do the correct spigots or in fact supply suitable rings to go with them.

And whilst I agree it's not ideal in ultimate terms, Digsy said in a post the other day that ultimately beyond locating the wheel plum straight on a road car they are not an absolute requirement.

I would disagree, the hammering over ridges, potholes, cat's eyes, whatever needs to be taken on the hub snout, that's what it's there for, not by the wheel studs or bolts, or by some narrow bit of plastic or alloy shoved into the centre hole. Show me one production car that has wheels with a spigot hole bigger than the hub snout, or that uses adaptor rings. Image Wheels will do proper centres, maybe CCW will, I don't know, but you need to clarify it in writing before ordering. IMO.

If it's for your supra then you shouldn't need to worry about spigot bore/sizings. CCW know exactly what they need to provide supra-wise. (Still worth confirming it though obviously)

My LM20's came with the correct supra-specific counter-bore to go straight onto the hub nose.

Agreed with James here.

I ordered my CCW's for my build (some point last year) and they were very helpful. Of course always check the final invoice before you pay the fee. The invoice will have all the wheel specs on it etc....

Im over the moon with my CCW's. I would reccommend them to anyone, deal with them direct. Check my thread :thumbs:

i ordered mine form ccw direct, np at all i said maximum supra fitment and i recived it as well :)

there is some ccw for sale in sweden any particular models you fancy, i can look for it in sweden for you, its used rims but most are in super shape.

I knew spigot rings weren't ideal, bit I didn't think they were that bad? Would they be better if they were billet, or even Ti?

Was considering buying some of the OEM Rays forged wheels from a 350Z for my Supra, as they're a well made wheel, very light, well priced, and replacements are readily available. Iooks like I'll have to resume my search for some well priced BBS LMs instead :(

The centre cap on them pulls though from the back and also doubles up as a spigot ring, if they have given him the wrong centre caps they shouldn't be an issue to change to get the correct 60.1. they are awesome wheels.

Weird! Is that a classics thing? Perhaps to make mass manufacturing them easier. My LM20 centre caps fit conventionally, and the wheel has the correct counter bore.

Yep with a friend of mine having LM20s and having the Classics myself - they are definitely different.

I had/have absolutely no issues with my CCWs. Best wheels I've ever had and they fit great. Being able to get a 285 up front and a 315 on the rear is great :)