The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another "What Value" Thread

ShawnPreece

Hi Guys just another “what value” thread if you don’t mind :) im lucky enough to have won a few coins on the football over the Christmas period which put me in a position to look for a single turbo 6 speed which I have now found a nice one within my budget that I am picking up on Saturday :) and because of this I will be putting my current Supra up for sale in a few weeks to a month’s time and was wondering what you all thought on value……..

Modified Baby Blue Twin Turbo 5 Speed Manual Supra

First thing I will say about it is that I only bought the car back in August 2014 and I did pick it up very cheap at £6,000 (don’t mind saying the price as I want to be as honest as possible about everything when it comes to putting the add up) but it did have a lot of problems with it at the time which is how it was only at that price, since my ownership she has had 2 holidays down to Whiffbitz with sizeable bills and also some work carried out by myself and my dad and there are still a couple of things that need doing that I will list at the bottom but she is now running a lot nicer as im sure Paul Whiffin would be happy to clarify. Anyway here is about the car:

It started out as silver na 5 speed manual but now has a vvti TT engine from a 98 Supra in it, Mileage on the engine when I bought it was around the 65k mark and iv only done around 1k in it so its still a nice low mileage engine. It still has the W58 manual 5 speed box in it.

Engine Mods:

VVTI Twin Turbo Engine and running gear

Blitz Induction Kit

HKS BOV

FMIC with polished intercooler pipework

UK Callipers, discs and pads all round

VVTI de cats

HKS FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

Stage 3 Clutch from Whiffbitz

NGK BKR7EIX plugs

RSR Exhaust

Blue Spark Plug Cover

Polished Fan Surround

Greddy Boost Controller

Interior:

Black Roof Liner with sun visors from a 1998 VVTI

Black Carpet

Black Mats

Boost Gauge

Momo Steering Wheel

Rear Fog light with button in dash

White Dials

HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer

Exterior:

Full Re-spray in Fiat Blue

Glass Headlights

Clear Front Indicators

Seibon Carbon TRD Bonnet

TRD Front Wings

Do Luck Front Bumper

Trail Rear Bumper

Veilside Side Skirts

Tinted Rear and Side Windows

Half Carbon TRD Spoiler

Likwidart Badges

19 inch Jade r Wheels

MOT Till August 2015

Bad Points:

There is a hole in the side of the back box on the exhaust system so this will need replacing

Will need new throttle body (fine when warm but when cold it occasionally stops the accelerator, turn engine off and on again and all is fine and always works perfect after restart) shouldn’t be too expensive I did see one come up on here that went for £80 but I was too late finding out what the problem was so I missed it.

Slight knocking on front suspension (standard suspension, is only slight and cant always hear it but it is there so will need fixing)

The speedo dial is reading slightly high (I know it always reads slightly higher than actual speed but this is slightly more than normal, the HKS Turbo Timer however has a digital reading in speed so you still have the correct reading.

Paintwork while looks great in pictures doesn’t look as good in reality, it still looks a great car and stand back a few metres and it looks perfect but there are a few patches that have peeled slightly that the camera doesn’t pick up.

The Bad Bits Section I have been overly critical of on the car as it’s a great looking car and runs nicely but I just want to make any potential buyer aware of every little problem on the car as I know I would like to know everything in the buyers position.

Combined bills, mods iv added and parts iv bought comes to around £2.5k that I have spent on it.

Here are some pics………

10469724_10152647106615709_4609012365572854326_n.jpgIMG_7591.jpgIMG_7593.jpg10374979_10152647106705709_1205356311880943465_n.jpg10685440_10152647106810709_9163454253502352915_n.jpgIMG_7527.jpg10671216_10152693188525709_3058287595205247180_n.jpg

And a link to it Running on the Dyno (Only dont ask what it made because it came out at 476bhp which I dont believe at all, I would guess its in the early 400's but this Dyno was extremely generous)......

Thanks in advance for reading through and for any help :)

With those problems, I'd say £5-6k. To get more, body would need to be good and the suspension knocking and electrical faults would need fixing.

Yeah I have been overly harsh on the condition really but just dont want anyone to turn up when I sell it and say its not as advertised and also if I was in the buyers shoes id want to know everything about it but was hoping i might get at least the 6k i bought it for back, just thought id see all your opinions to see if I was thinking realistically at that lol

Did you have a football accumulator win? If so lucky ****** :D

haha yeah had a nice xmas bonus of £7k come in on an accumulator, off a bet of £15 :) was very happy that day and looked straight into the classifieds on here to see what I could afford with my savings plus the winnings lol

Yeah I have been overly harsh on the condition really but just dont want anyone to turn up when I sell it and say its not as advertised and also if I was in the buyers shoes id want to know everything about it but was hoping i might get at least the 6k i bought it for back, just thought id see all your opinions to see if I was thinking realistically at that lol

That's why this club is great. It's always best to be honest, mate. You'll sell the car quicker and for better money if you are, so fair play.

If it's clean, I'd stick it up for £6,500 and see how you do. It's a lot of car for the cash, that's for sure.

Edited by Gaz6002 (see edit history)

That's why this club is great. It's always best to be honest, mate. You'll sell the car quicker and for better money if you are, so fair play.

If it's clean, I'd stick it up for £6,500 and see how you do. It's a lot of car for the cash, that's for sure.

Thanks yeah definately is alot of car for the money, yeah my early thoughts were to maybe advertise it for £6,500 and then gauge my negotiability on the amount of interest I receive

Congrats on the win too, I'm an expert at picking 18-20 matches or similar :rolleyes:

One day..... one day.

haha thanks mate :) was an 11 fold which ended with sunderland beating newcastle (my thanks go out to Gus Poyet for managing to have a perfect record over Newcastle lol), I put £10-£15 on every weekend but simply for the enjoyment of watching the results come in I never expect to win and I never had won (a decent amount anyway) untill this.