The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lost locking nut key ID help

Mariusz

I had mine removed at the local wheel dealer. Took 5 mins. Since that, I don't use lock nuts anymore. They're pointless, if you can undo them in 5 mins.

And if sombody wants to steal your wheels and is unable to undo the lock nuts, he might cause even more damage.

+1

I stopped using them years ago

+1

I stopped using them years ago

I had mine removed at the local wheel dealer. Took 5 mins. Since that, I don't use lock nuts anymore. They're pointless, if you can undo them in 5 mins.

And if sombody wants to steal your wheels and is unable to undo the lock nuts, he might cause even more damage.

+ 2

As already said, if someone wants something off your car i.e. wheels they will have them regardless of locking wheel nuts.

If they are made by a German company, whose name escapes me, they will send a new key if you e-mail them a photo such as you have posted here. They will want a driver's licence photo and God knows what other personal info, but once over that hurdle they process orders fast and efficiently. Once off bin them and fit proper "normal" nuts, the keys have a habit of shearing off the drive dog at the best of times.