The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I contact someone to buy a car?

Guest Beau_1990

Guest Beau_1990
You need to be a paid member to use the Classifieds section of the forum :thumbs:

Well maybe I will when I own one :) till then bit pointless as so far id of wasted 3 months membership, if anyone can let him know I'm interested that would be good thanks, I'm not just some messer Iv been looking here every day for a while

Guest Beau_1990

£10 is fine, but I'd rather get the car first, I'm a big forum user so I will Deffo be on here paid up no problem, just don't want to waste a member ship when I have nothing to post about and the right car might never even come up, I was about to go view a Mitsubishi GTO as getting sick of waiting now but just spotted this car so really hope he can get in contact

I'm not a time waster so please help, if I get the car I will join straight away

If £10 is ok ,then get the 12 mths membership . You certainly will not miss out on anything , but by having member status you can contact a seller directly , and therefore have the upper hand over other people who only come on our site to either buy parts , or gain info and not contribute in any way with our club. So if you get member status, info , parts , and most important buying a Supra can all be done here . And lastly if you want to buy a Supra this is by far the best place to buy from , as most cars are known by the club and if a car is not known there will be someone on here that knows some history of the car you might be interested in buying .SO GET MEMBERSHIP !!!!

£10 is fine, but I'd rather get the car first, I'm a big forum user so I will Deffo be on here paid up no problem, just don't want to waste a member ship when I have nothing to post about and the right car might never even come up, I was about to go view a Mitsubishi GTO as getting sick of waiting now but just spotted this car so really hope he can get in contact

I'm not a time waster so please help, if I get the car I will join straight away

I have owned both and a GTO is a nice car but the Supra is a breed apart.

Think of the £10 membership as a way of filtering messers both for the seller and the buyer.

I am on the lookout for my second Supra and was more than happy to pay £10 to help me find the right car.

As already mentioned if your hesitating over spending £10 to contact members directly and post up in the for sale/wanted section then a Supra may not be for you, these things cost money to run and they eat wide tyres between services if you drive it hard.

Good luck with your search whatever you decide :)

Guest Beau_1990

I can afford £10, I run 4 cars including a Maserati and a Porsche but I just see no point in joining and paying membership for a forum I don't own that car, and may never find one to suit me, this car suits me, I would like to buy, after I buy I am very happy to join, thanks

I don't want to pay £10 to find out its sold, Iv been looking since October and this is the only 1 Iv see so far I have been interested in

Mate , I,ve owned x2 911 , m5 , Nissan Skyline GTR , mitsy GTO TT , X3 Supra . And always joined the relevant club before I buy in order to do my research on the car I,m about to buy.

You,re going about this all ass about face . If you don't want to lose a few weeks membership because you don't already own a Supra , go buy a Supe elsewhere and when you come back on here for advice or whatever , don't be surprised if the one you buy isn't what you thought you were buying and turns out to be a lemon , all because you don't want to lose any membership time.

If it was sold it would have the prefix sold updated next to the post? And the owner has only put it up for sale an hour ago so its probably still there till at least the morning. You'll probably save more than the £10 membership by purchasing a car of another member with the added bonus of knowing its enthusiast owned. Integration with a knowledgeable community is never going to hurt but that's your choice

I can afford £10, I run 4 cars including a Maserati and a Porsche but I just see no point in joining and paying membership for a forum I don't own that car, and may never find one to suit me, this car suits me, I would like to buy, after I buy I am very happy to join, thanks

I don't want to pay £10 to find out its sold, Iv been looking since October and this is the only 1 Iv see so far I have been interested in

In essence you are saying that your not prepared to risk 0.84 pence per month over a year to find a decent club owned car?

As a member you can also put a wanted thread up stating exactly what your looking for so anyone thinking of selling can PM you first ;)

just click on your "my profile" at the very top of the page, find the "subscriptions" tab and join :)

Guest Beau_1990
I became a member for a year before finding the right car on this forum

Well never seen it before personally, usually new members can post a wanted ad and comment on cars for sale as to gain new owners / members to the club.

Anyway Iv paid now just hope I can get that car as desperate now and was coming to the end of my search and starting to look else where as need a car now

Well never seen it before personally, usually new members can post a wanted ad and comment on cars for sale as to gain new owners / members to the club.

its only £10 , its very worth it , its a way of the club to keep out undesirables that only input trouble ,

Just a note to add bad language and threatening behavour could see you band , and you could loose your £10,

welcome to the club its a great bunch of people with great knowledge of the supra

Guest Beau_1990

Well like I said I was coming to end of my search, i was going to see a gto this week, just wanted this guys phone number :) just hope I find one asap otherwise it really is going to of been a waste joining :(

And I'm a very nice person By the way, well respected on lots of forums

Part of the reason for prospective buyers having to become members first is to save current members from having their time wasted by tyre kickers and wannabes.

Even if you don't end up with a Supra, it's well worth being a member on here, as there are plenty of people who have expertise in many marques, and great Traders/Hobbyists who can provide services and parts for plenty of vehicles.

Pics of the Maserati? :) Which Mazzer is it? I have a soft spot for them!

£10 won't get me out of my village in my supra fuel-wise, so it's not really worth worrying about. :D This is a step above most other forums to be honest, 100% worth paying for me old chum. :)

James, take the axle stands out from under it, it will be fine then.

It really will be the best tenner you have spent and just about any question you have about the Supra will have been asked and the information will be on here somewhere.

The owner of this car had some parts for sale and when I collected I saw this car in the flesh recently and it looks nice and as described. Good luck and welcome.