The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long time owner,new member

Guest jayroc

Guest jayroc

Hi there I'm Jay, just signed up after just nine years of supra ownership!! I have a gun metal grey 96 jdm supra which is standard apart from an aftermarket panel filter but it is time for me to treat my baby to some new shiny bits! Before I do I need to solve a recent annoying high pitched whine which seems to be coming from the rear, I have changed the diff oil and had the rear discs and calipers replaced because they were on there way out but neither has made a difference sadly! Any help would be awesome!

I need to solve a recent annoying high pitched whine which seems to be coming from the rear, I have changed the diff oil and had the rear discs and calipers replaced because they were on there way out but neither has made a difference sadly! Any help would be awesome!

Tell her to get out and walk ;)

One of the chaps here will know what the problem is. There are some of the best tuners in the world for Supra's on the site.

Guest jayroc
Tell her to get out and walk ;)

One of the chaps here will know what the problem is. There are some of the best tuners in the world for Supra's on the site.

She tried to put her feet on the dash so she is now an ex and walking didn't stop the whine though unfortunately ha ha

Thanks mate, it makes an amazing sounding engine sound like a bag of bolts! Can't wait to get it sorted

Cheers mate, I can try and get a video of it as it sounds quite loud from outside the car! It's a non turbo auto

If you could then it might help narrow it down.

The rear calipers are known to seize, but seeing as you replaced this you should be all good. Is this noise constantly whether at low speeds or high? An does this noise increase with speed (if you know what I mean).

Guest jayroc

The noise seems to start at about 15mph and gets louder the faster you travel, at 30mph in built up areas it sounds bad if you have the windows down. On the motorway it's even more high pitched