The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension Front Upper Discontinued!

Jellybean

Things like wishbones can be relatively easily fabricated should supplies dry up. Forging like uprights, and castings are much harder to duplicate. As are gears, sundry other gearbox internals, differential parts blah blah, they will be a bigger problem. ANYTHING can be duplicated, at a price! You can buy a brand new 1930's Bugatti engine if you have deep enough pockets. But sensibly the drying up of some spares will mean some added expense and hassle in the future. Depends how keen you are to keep the car running, and how much you use it. I tend to swerve away from cars that have poor spares availability unless they are of significant value, it's easy to spend too much time and money on them if you aren't careful, or be sat looking at a none runner more than being to drive the darned things.

Up to now parts availability has been excellent, given the age of the things. We shouldn't grumble.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

I think you'd like the Leno fella' to adopt you, or enter into one of these new fangled "Civil Partnerships" with him ;)

I'd never heard of him until recently, he does seem an absolute petrol head, no doubt he's on a mega wage, what is he, some sort of US TV show host?

He use to do the Saturday night show for NBC but retired and his Garage/Cars is his hobbie but now since he is retired he does the youtube channel :)