The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worcester noob returning......

Guest fasterdad

Guest fasterdad

Looking to get myself a TT in or around Worcestershire have seen one on fleabay in Shrewsbury what do you think of it peeps. item 171579006624

Or have got this as a px if anyone is into bikes let me know. Roll on the summer.

Welcome back,

couple things on the Supra on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171579006624?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D171579006624%26_rdc%3D1

It says uprated brakes, ask the seller what he means, as they are the stock J-Specs in the pics

Personally I am not a fan of the side skirts, if you are thinking the same, they are not going to be easy to remove, as they are fully blended

Guest fasterdad
Welcome back,

couple things on the Supra on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171579006624?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D171579006624%26_rdc%3D1

It says uprated brakes, ask the seller what he means, as they are the stock J-Specs in the pics

Personally I am not a fan of the side skirts, if you are thinking the same, they are not going to be easy to remove, as they are fully blended

Cheers DodgyRog, I keep looking at it but it just looks a bit plain and as you say the skirts are not the best. Trying to reply to MattyB's ad on here but cannot at the moment for some reason. :)

Oh right so you can only sell to people who are paid up members then ? I understand that for the advertising, but not for people who want to reply and become members when they own one. That's a first on a forum for me. haha.

Edited by fasterdad (see edit history)

Thanks, I will become a member but not until I own a supra.

Fair enough, but you can't post in the Classifieds or a few other areas and you have a very limited amount of posts as a non member

If you definitely in the market for a Supra, this forum will save you a fortune in parts, the knowledge and info available is 2nd to non in the Supra community

I must of saved more than I paid for my Supra by now lol

I'd avoid that just on the basis of the blended body kit. That will not be cheap to revert to stock, or any other look for that matter, and you have no idea what nasties it's hiding.

I would definitely consider spending £10 on membership. Frankly most of the cars worth owning are on here. Not to mention there are some very well known unscrupulous companies out there allegedly offering quality Supras, but which are in fact bodged cars.

Guest fasterdad
Fair enough, but you can't post in the Classifieds or a few other areas and you have a very limited amount of posts as a non member

If you definitely in the market for a Supra, this forum will save you a fortune in parts, the knowledge and info available is 2nd to non in the Supra community

I must of saved more than I paid for my Supra by now lol

I understand where you are coming from but to "members only" for the replying of adverts is perhaps why there are so few replies to them. MattyB for example 7 replies, 1700+ views. Why not allow non member replies for adverts only and then member cars might sell quicker and gain new members that way? I am on several forums and this is the only one I can recall that will not let you reply to adverts as a non member. Just a suggestion and I will join just want the car first.

It is how it is. We dont allow new members to post in for sale adverts as they have no history behind them and could just as easily be there to try and rip somebody off.

Its been like that for 10 years now, it works for us and isnt going to change.

£10 is nothing in the grand scale of things, all the members will tell you it is well worth it.

Just a quick point.

Members tend to look after other members, so while browsing the for sale section and eBay

You will notice it's cheaper on here than anywhere else.

Also you can check the history of the car and the owner easily on the forum.

£10 is nothing really, and it will save you a fortune over the years.

It also stops spammers filling up pages and creating stupid threads which is better for us.

Guest fasterdad

Fair points lads, it is your forum after all and if it has worked for 10 years I understand why change it. As for the pm comment from Banners, I have found that out for myself, not intentionally trying to dodge the fee it is just normal else where.

Fair points lads, it is your forum after all and if it has worked for 10 years I understand why change it. As for the pm comment from Banners, I have found that out for myself, not intentionally trying to dodge the fee it is just normal else where.

You'll like it here mate

Join up and enjoy.

And I can tell you from personal experience, this forum is very active

You have a question, there will always be an answer within minutes, which is very handy

Nice bike by the way

Guest fasterdad
What's your price range? This will determine what you should be looking at as in Auto or Manual. Then there are the facelift cars pre and post VVTi. All command different values.

Given you link to the body kitted Supra on eBay. I assume your not fussed about having a stock car?

Sorry about the late reply been busy working on my VWT5, right bike is worth 4.5-5k plus up to another 5k and to be honest I think I would prefer an auto. What are the auto's like for reliability? Thanks for any advice.