The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Long time lurker emerges.....

muckyman

Hi all

so I've been lurking on here (daily) for 9 years and thought its about time to say hello.

'Hello'

I'm a serial car changer and am yet to find a car that I keep for very long.

I'm between cars again, having sold my ST205 GT4 a few weeks ago after owning it for only a few months - didn't mean to sell it, but I got an offer I couldn't refuse and I'll sell anything if the price is right :-)

Recent cars have included a few MX5s (one at 245bhp), BMW M-Roadster, TVR Chimaera 450, VX220, Audi TT, a couple of mark 1 MR2s, a couple of ST205s, ClioSport 182 etc etc.

Supras have been on my list of 'must owns' for quite some time but so far its been an itch I've not scratched.

Maybe nows the time.

Other potentials I'm considering are Evo, STI's, RX-7s, M3, 350Z.

The hunt begins. I'll enjoy this one I think

cheers

Michael

Welcome! I see you're from Kent. If you're close by this friday we are having our monthly supra meet at Bluewater shopping centre from 7:30pm onwards. Maybe pop down and meet some of us locals and have a chit chat about the cars and get an idea what you'd be looking at. For more details look in the South East section :)

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.

I'm trawling the usual sites to see what's available at the minute.

Not a huge amount, but probably it's the time of year. Hoping some more come up in January when some owners may want to sell to pay for Crimbo :-)

The one Matsi is selling on here looks interesting, but it's too far away.

I travelled almost 5 hrs each way for my last GT-4 and I'm not keen to repeat that.

I know you sometimes have to travel for the good ones but hope one comes up a bit closer to home.

Preferred colours are white, msb, gunmetal.

Hate Veilside goppy fronts. Would prefer something other than standard spec and hate rust with a passion.

I also want a car that's 'sorted'. No thanks to 'air con needs a regas', 'heaters not as warm as it could be', 'would look great after a good clean' etc etc.

Fingers crossed....

Cheers for the warm welcome guys.

I'm trawling the usual sites to see what's available at the minute.

Not a huge amount, but probably it's the time of year. Hoping some more come up in January when some owners may want to sell to pay for Crimbo :-)

The one Matsi is selling on here looks interesting, but it's too far away.

I travelled almost 5 hrs each way for my last GT-4 and I'm not keen to repeat that.

I know you sometimes have to travel for the good ones but hope one comes up a bit closer to home.

Preferred colours are white, msb, gunmetal.

Hate Veilside goppy fronts. Would prefer something other than standard spec and hate rust with a passion.

I also want a car that's 'sorted'. No thanks to 'air con needs a regas', 'heaters not as warm as it could be', 'would look great after a good clean' etc etc.

Fingers crossed....

I'd stick to buying a supra off the forum, rather than Pistonheads, Auto trader etc.

Have you had a go in one before? I suggest try an auto, and a TT, ask around and see if there are any members near you who might give you a go. Auto is great, don't overlook it.

Not overlooking an auto at all. Had a twin turbo Soarer auto a few years ago and liked the box in that well enough.

That's my preferred option Chris.

Some of the traders, especially on PH look sooo overpriced for average or shoddy cars.

(Thinking more of the likes of 'Boys Toys' rather than Jurgan)

it's getting harder and harder to find good honest ones that are in good order with all the bits working as you require. lasnellers blue uk spec car in the classifieds is one that looks nice and is in Kent somewhere so perhaps a good one to view. The odd private sale comes up from time to time that is good value but there are a couple of traders that are quickly all over these and flip them for 2-4k in weeks.

A best of luck with the search :)

it's getting harder and harder to find good honest ones that are in good order with all the bits working as you require. lasnellers blue uk spec car in the classifieds is one that looks nice and is in Kent somewhere so perhaps a good one to view. The odd private sale comes up from time to time that is good value but there are a couple of traders that are quickly all over these and flip them for 2-4k in weeks.

A best of luck with the search :)

yeah, I saw that UK one but its over budget for me...

• 2 weeks later...
That's my preferred option Chris.

Some of the traders, especially on PH look sooo overpriced for average or shoddy cars.

(Thinking more of the likes of 'Boys Toys' rather than Jurgan)

Boys toys gets a bad write up but he was different class with me I know he's not on here for reasons however in my person experience it was spot on, I have noticed he's put prices up recently however. I didn't even know the forum existed when I bought mines. Try and buy off here if possible every car on here tends to be pristine.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm still lurking.....

Haven't got a Supra yet, but got fed up of using the MX-5 track car as a daily so went a bought a gunmetal 350Z a month or so ago.

Quite a decent little run around to be honest. Its got some Nismo bits on it and it sounds lovely on full chat (thanks to the stupidly expensive Nismo exhaust)

Nice comfortable car, good looking and very happy to wiggle its ar$e when required.

Still, its not a Supra - but it'll do me a few months at least :-)

Also, my membership pack arrived yesterday. Very sparkly membership card which I like and some club stickers that I can't use just yet :-(