The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice - oil filter bracket delete

Tommyd16

I have the oppertunity to buy this kit;

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-1018.html

So I don't need the whole oil filter bracket with standard oil cooler. So do I need this also so it bolts straight to the block;

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-3442.html

And finally I currently run a sandwich plate for an oil pressure switch for a guage. Can I put this sandwich plate on top of the mocal thermostatic sandwich plate if I were to run the Whifbitz oil cooler attached directly to the block?

I think you'll need some sort of stud screwed into the block to fit that sandwich plate alright Tommy.

Running a second sandwich plate just for an oil pressure switch is a bit much though, I think.

I made up an extension & T piece so my oil pressure gauge gets its feed from the same outlet as the stock oil pressure switch.

Yes, you need the adaptor stud. That screws into the block, the sandwich plate fits over the new stud, and should come with a shouldered nut to tighten it down to the machined ring on the block. Then the oil filter screws onto the rest of the stud sticking out of the adaptor. Damien is right, do not add stuff like another adapter plate just for sensors. Tee the sensor off a hose from the stock oil pressure switch port.

Make sure you use a thermostat if running an oil cooler on a road car. You can get sandwich plates with a built in `stat.