The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprapod 2015!

Chris Bailey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always enjoyed Suprapod but with it not being on this year I attended JAE instead and I preferred it tbh.

Attending a list of events that far south isn't viable for me or many of the Scottish members and I'd say that the club would be better focussing on getting good attendances at fewer events than spreading thinly across many.

JAE was great and if I can I'm hoping to go to JAE and DragonBall next year.

I have chased them a number of times and Darren there has said he will get back to me, but nothing yet. I'm tempted to take almost any date they offer as it makes a good day out.

So I will let you know what they offer. I'm hoping they might have something around the Easter weekend, then we can coincide it with the FnF7 release!!

The Friday thing might be possible if I cant find a normal day. Let me see what they have available.

Personally I reckon the Saturday would bring in more members.

That way we can all stay on the friday and saturday night at the hotel too, one of the best parts of the event.

One concern would be that most of the DB members wont run on the strip due to fears of breaking the car so close to the run.

Personally I reckon the Saturday would bring in more members.

That way we can all stay on the friday and saturday night at the hotel too, one of the best parts of the event.

One concern would be that most of the DB members wont run on the strip due to fears of breaking the car so close to the run.

A saturday would probably bring more members but theres nothing wrong with a long weekend of car carnage :D .track days are normally in the week so i would go anyday at all really, a later date maybe better due to the DB members but we will have to see what we get given or if it even happens again as its not for the last 2 years :(

opening it up and putting it on the facebook page will bring more attention im sure , but then again look how little intrest in this thread there is already ?

I totally agree and for me makes no difference as I have a weird rota anyway. I will be there no matter, as long as pod don't mess us around again. Just trying to think from other peoples point of view.

And I have to agree also, can't believe the lack of interest in the thread have people really forgotten how awesome an event this used to be? Best UK club meet by far. hopefully everyone are just sitting and waiting patiently instead of posting.

I think if its a weekday and we have plenty of notice of a definite booking from Santa Pod then most people could arrange something. We all work and lead busy lives but I would think most of us would gladly book a weekday off for such a great event. I guess I am speaking for myself here and there are others who for whatever reason can't or won't make a weekday possible for them, but likewise I am sure for some a Saturday is an issue. Suprapod is long overdue imo and I am looking forward to it being confirmed for this year.

I totally agree and for me makes no difference as I have a weird rota anyway. I will be there no matter, as long as pod don't mess us around again. Just trying to think from other peoples point of view.

And I have to agree also, can't believe the lack of interest in the thread have people really forgotten how awesome an event this used to be? Best UK club meet by far. hopefully everyone are just sitting and waiting patiently instead of posting.

being agreed with here twice in one post thats some sort of record for me :D

traders seem quiet on here also imho its not the same it was 5 years ago

• 1 month later...
They offered us the date in May and nothing more.

We are looking at an alternative where we go to Shakespear Raceway and then go to a local hotel for a night time drinky...

Shakespeare raceway sounds good, always wanted to go to see what its like. Also like the idea of staying over for the night and having a drink, hope something can be sorted :).