The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension Arms

Jellybean

Cars are getting old now

November 2009 : Front Arms and Steering rack are Super Pro Polybrushed but ball joints are high mileage (I did change one but I get ripped off with a second hand part even though I paid for a new) ,

I would reckon at least 45-50K miles on these now

Question

Suspension arms , what would you recommend , replace everything with OEM or just the lower front arms (to get new ball joints) and polybrush the rear ?

I think this is all I would need , was thinking of super pro the rear struts (ROD ASSY, STRUT, REAR)

Front

48630-19025 ARM ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION, UPPER LH

48610-19025 ARM ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION UPPER, RH

48068-14080 ARM SUB-ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION, LOWER NO.1 RH

48069-14080 ARM SUB-ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION, LOWER NO.1 LH

Rear

48770-19025 ARM ASSY, UPPER CONTROL, REAR RH

48790-19025 ARM ASSY, UPPER CONTROL, REAR LH

48710-14110 ARM ASSY, REAR SUSPENSION, NO.1 RH

48710-14110 ARM ASSY, REAR SUSPENSION, NO.1 LH

8725-14070 BUSH, REAR AXLE CARRIER, LH

48725-14070 BUSH, REAR AXLE CARRIER, RH

48818-14050 BUSH, STABILIZER, REAR

I re bushed with R2R bushes from MVP and it transformed my car 2 years ago. A bitch of a job though:rolleyes:. I also have the Geo done every year now the suspension is done.

In fact it made such a difference it showed up how woolly the steering was so I have just renewed the steering rack. MVP didn't have R2R bushes in stock for the new rack so I went with Superpro.

I would say if you have the money Toyota parts are the way to go. I would think most Supras have loose suspension now unless they have had the work done.

Edited by jonc (see edit history)

Haven't used anything from that particular site but I do have a Blueprint track rod end fitted to the car and it is certainly a well made part.

There is probably a fair chance their offering is also a Blueprint item.

i reckon so , for the price difference i think its worth a punt

• 3 weeks later...

I've used blueprint replacement ball joints and suspension arms

http://clubaristo.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9659&d=1288686222

1 of ZADT38692[1] Blueprint ADT Part Numbers UPPER SUSPENSION ARM - ADT38692 Total Price £46.50

1 of ZADT386120[1] Blueprint ADT Part Numbers LOWER BALL JOINT - ADT386120 Total Price £52.30

Those are the aristo components but I don't think the supra ones are much different.

I've used blueprint replacement ball joints and suspension arms

http://clubaristo.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9659&d=1288686222

1 of ZADT38692[1] Blueprint ADT Part Numbers UPPER SUSPENSION ARM - ADT38692 Total Price £46.50

1 of ZADT386120[1] Blueprint ADT Part Numbers LOWER BALL JOINT - ADT386120 Total Price £52.30

Those are the aristo components but I don't think the supra ones are much different.

The Supra ones are cast into the Arm, as far as I know the whole arm needs to be replaced to replace the ball joint

I'd personally go with the Super Pro bushes, I have replaced all of my bushes with Super Pro(bar the rear upper arms as these are pillowball) and the ride is the best I have experianced, it's tight, but not crashy or hard, much better than OEM, mixed with my Tein Flex coilovers(on a soft setting), it is the best ride I have experienced in a long time, it's better than my e92 3-Series.

I'd personally go with the Super Pro bushes, I have replaced all of my bushes with Super Pro(bar the rear upper arms as these are pillowball) and the ride is the best I have experianced, it's tight, but not crashy or hard, much better than OEM, mixed with my Tein Flex coilovers(on a soft setting), it is the best ride I have experienced in a long time, it's better than my e92 3-Series.

Thanks Dude

But there's no point , I will still have 22 year old ball joints. I have the front done in Super Pro and between the labour cost to press in and out the bushes , it much of a muchness but with the benefit of new Ball joints