The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally, I have an aeroptop manual!

bayside_supra

Hi everyone,

I have just collected my aeroptop twin turbo manual :) I will post some pics up soon. Some of you will have seen the car on sale, it's bayside blue, very leary looking thing! I will be having the bonnet painted the same colour as the car in the very near future as it is black at the moment.

Having changed a Monaro VXR for this and never driven a Supra before I am going to need some time to learn the Supra's limits as it is a very different way of going fast! However first impressions are, the Supra delivers a big grin!

Look forward to going to some meets and meeting some of you lot.

Karl

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

I looked at mine this week and I'm missing it to. So what's the deal does everyone with an na to tt do this? Will my diff fall off if I don't. I also guess it's not just going to fit and do up and will result in me having to take lots of stuff off and get it pressed in

Im hearing lots of, it's fine unless you start pushing single to the post above which more or less means it will just fall off and kill pandas

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes the diff mount has been sorted as part of the deal ;)

Covered in rain but here it is as it stands today, I have some stuff to do to make it my own but it is a very cool starting point I think.

Supra 4.JPG

Supra 2.JPG

Supra 3.JPG

Supra 5.JPG

Plans are to do a few bits to the interior and sort some mechanical niggles and paint the bonnet the right colour.

Although I am not 100% certain on this, but I think I might loose the front bumper and go standard with a front lip, what do you guys think?

On another note what front bumper and side skirts do I actually have? They were advertised as Bomex but I am not sure that they are?

Also it there any chance a moderator can remove the for sale thread for the car now????

Edited by bayside_supra (see edit history)

Lip would be an rmm make sure you go for a polyurethane one when you get one as it will be a lot more forgiving when it comes to speed bumps. I think a stock front with either a painted uk spec or j spec bonnet will certainly improve the look. Stock looks with that colour will look amazing.

Thanks a lot, the colour is awesome, half the reason I bought it to be honest!

Thanks Ripped fear I tend to agree with you, what is the lip you have on yours? And what are the rear spats? Yours has the look I was thinking of.

Hi mate.

Mine has an RMM Polyurethane one without the 'ears', I have had a fibreglass one without ears too. This one i painted. Don't waste your money on fibreglass they crack alot! Hence why I switched and left it unpainted.

Mine has no spats fitted, it used to have OEM ones but now it is just stock so i can have the shine auto diffuser bolted to it.

Some pictures for reference.

polyurethane RMM

attachment.php?attachmentid=195368&stc=1&d=1419251256

Fibreglass RMM

attachment.php?attachmentid=195364&stc=1&d=1419251001

No spats and diffuser

attachment.php?attachmentid=185365&d=1399667541

OEM spats

attachment.php?attachmentid=148929&d=1332781287

Hope this helps

Jake.

sup.jpg

DSCF7203_edit (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a plan in motion, the aftermarket front bumper is going and a standard bumper is replacing it. The bonnet is becoming the right colour for the car and I am going with the RMM front lip. Should look fantastic...I hope! Possibly will look at OEM rear spats at a later date but I will see what the front transformation looks like first.

My plan has always been to paint the RMM lip blue aswell. What are your guys opinions on this? I have seen a few people leave them black, but I want an standard look with subtle differences and think the lip unpainted will look more aftermarket then it will if it is the matching blue. What do you think? Paint the lip or leave it black?