The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels

FAMILY MAN

With ccw's I believe you can get 11.5" rears and 10" front without an arch roll in their supra offset. I may be wrong though so hopefully others will come along and correct me.

The width depends on the offset I don't think you can go any wider than 9.5" rears with any of the XXR range and you still may need an offset then.

i was starting a similar thread so i will read the link posted..

the thing is that i recently discovered that in my country is legal if the wheel comes out of the side of the car IF the tread of the tyre is inside the fender line... basically i'm talking about a tyre stretch.

on the whifbitz website they said that if rolled and a bit pulled up the rear fender may contain a 295... for your opinion what "channel" would be "good" for a modest not dangerous tyre stretch? should i consider 12-13 inch channel normal fit for a 295 or should i expect a little bit of stratch already?

BTW a little bit off topic... the stickiest road tyre on the market (whitch iiiiisss........???) can give the right grip to a 700hp supra or it's better the 295

thank you very much.. even if tricky of the question is clear..thankssss!!!

First: With proper offsets you can fit a 295 or 305 (differs per brand) without a cut/roll. 10.5-11 inch width.

For the correct offsets search or ask in the threads I've posted above. As abtin90 mentioned, CCW offers good supra offsets. However I'm not sure if the offsets from CCW with the 11.5 inch wheel fit without a cut/roll.

Second: Don't roll your fenders, but cut them to get a factory finish. Plenty of threads on this topic as well.

Stefan (exvelocity on SF) is the man to talk to about this. He is a body-expert when it comes to MKIV's and works on these cars daily. Pretty sure he wrote a 'how to'' on SF.com.

You can always send him a message, he is very helpfull :)